A Forward for Christmas

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

A Forward for Christmas

Post by artturner » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

I had a lot of fun making this track, so I was very happy to learn today that it had been forwarded

https://soundcloud.com/artturnermusic/c ... -christmas

Art :)

ORIGINAL, CHRISTMAS INSTRUMENTAL CUES in ALL genres, tempos, moods, and ensemble size are needed by an extremely active Music Library for placements on a bunch of TV Shows they're currently supplying music to on a regular basis. They're looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that you'd expect to hear on playlists with songs like (but not limited to): Kringle Candle Christmas Commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fRv1cvZTg8 Cartoon Network Christmas Commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Snj_gSE8k How The Grinch Stole Christmas - Opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz8JFLMP5so Although some of the references above have vocals, this pitch is for instrumentals only.Please submit original Instrumental Cues that capture the true Christmas spirit. Build your Cue around a festive central melodic motif, while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as your Cue progresses. You can go with relatively simple, stripped-down arrangements, or more full-blown arrangements/productions. TAXI Tip: Try to not get carried away with Christmas Bells in your arrangement. It's a common mistake that we hear all the time!All submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-Faded/Buttoned endings with a natural ring out will work best. Do not copy or rip off the references in any way, shape, or form. Use the references only as general guide for overall feel, texture and tone. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).This Company offers both EXCLUSIVE and NON-EXCLUSIVE deals. The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If you're inclined to do an Exclusive deal, please do NOT submit material for this pitch that's already signed with any other libraries or publishers. You must own or control your Master and Composition to submit to this opportunity. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Saturday, March 4th, 2017. TAXI #Y170304CI

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A Forward for Christmas

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Excellent track once again Art! I really get the visuals when listening to it....people rushing around putting everything in place just in time for the big celebration. Great work.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Post by artturner » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks Graham!

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Great Piece of art, Art! Builds nicely and sounds very Christmas! Congrats!

Linda C

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Onaginoffegin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Very nice piece, Art. Great job, as usual.
It may be a Christmas piece, but I can see this being used in a variety of non-Christmas movie settings as well.

Henry

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:41 am

Sounds really cool, Art. Im a fan!
Ceo of my own life

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 am

Nice job with this one. Sure puts me in the mood to watch a Christmas Hallmark movie (yikes, did I just admit to that?!?!). Very nice track.

~~Matt

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 am

Great track!!
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Post by artturner » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 am

Linda, Henry, Kolstad, Matt & Nathan...thank you! I appreciate your supportive comments! It's crazy how the whole piece came together after I was noodling around with an Omnisphere bell patch and played what became the first eight notes of the song. Everything else built from that start. Yet another example to myself that I should just start something whether I have any ideas or not. :)

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:53 pm

love it Art !Can't wait for that season
Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org