Anyone Purchase a Gauge Mic at the Rally??

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jamesm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Anyone Purchase a Gauge Mic at the Rally??

Post by jamesm » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 am

Yeah, it sounds like the problem started with them telling you it would be shipped on Monday. I bought a mic on the Sunday of the show and they said it wouldn't be shipped for at least two weeks since they were waiting for a shipment from China.The lack of response on the phone calls is a little worrying, though. This is my first mic purchase from them, so I'd like to know how this turns out. I'll let you know when I get mine.

sleis
Active
Active

Post by sleis » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

I can't speak to the delay in responding, but they have been great to work with in the past. I use the mic I got from them last year a lot. It did take a while for me to get it last year, but they were up front about the delay and they had a lot less than they did this time around. Hopefully they get you squared away quickly, because they are definitely good guys and this sounds outside of the norm.It sucks to hear you are having trouble getting through, because I have definitely referred people to them in the past and will in the future. You never want to hear about somebody having a rough time with a company you really like.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski

http://twitter.com/sleis418

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Shipping delays are not uncommon with Gauge's mics; I'm not sure whether they know when to expect a shipment, and they get a lot of orders at the Rally. They also have full-time production careers, so maybe cut Rob and the boys a little slack. I'm a satisfied Gauge user, and I'm certain you'll be thrilled when the product is in your hands.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

jpmuzic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jpmuzic » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:06 am

I'm also a satisfied Gauge user, and I'm certain you'll be thrilled when the product is in your hands. I know that I am no complaints about it hang in there you will enjoy it.

markjsmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markjsmith » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 am

Your getting a great mic for what I consider dirt cheap, so I would cut them a little slack. I know how it is jonesing for a new purchase to arrive, but when you get it I'm sure you'll be happy. Or........ you could spend 20 times as much on a Nuemann!-LOL-Mark

jamesm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jamesm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:51 am

It sounded good at the Rally and I'm actually buying it for my son (who attended his first Rally this year), so if it gets here before Christmas I'm happy.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:37 am

I absolutely love mine, but not as much as the dude I got it from. Rob Rules

davidamyers

Post by davidamyers » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Hey Everyone,I bought one at the Rally and took it with me. Works fine. It didn't at first but then I turned on the phantom power(gotta wonder sometimes) and it works quite well thank you very much. As a matter of fact I love it. It is crisp and clean. Why didn't you take one with you? Were they out of them? Be patient but keep on trying to get to them. Squeaky wheel, etc...

robchiarelli

Post by robchiarelli » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone ~First and foremost, Chandler & I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. We really feel bad that some folks didn't get their mic yet and we take full responsibility for it. As many of you know, for the last 2 years we have offered our mic's to TAXI members at a huge discount. When we sold out, many people still wanted the mic. Chandler and I thought it would be a good idea to offer the discount and to include FREE shipping WORLDWIDE for any TAXI member who didn't mind waiting a few weeks. We really feel bad knowing that message did not reach everyone. BIG APOLOGY. javascript:add(%22%20:-[%22)So, if you (or anyone you know) purchased a mic at the Road Rally and were not aware there would be a delay, please send an email to us at: <support@gauge-usa.com> ~ Just let us know how we can make it right. In the meantime, we should be ready to ship Dave his mic in about 10-days and Santa-Chiarelli will include something extra in the box... hopefully, that will make things a little better in some small way.Of course, it wouldn't be right if we didn't send a really big "THANK YOU" to everyone for all the kind words, support and the many positive emails and testimonials. It really makes us feel good when we see those... And another big THANKS to everyone who attended my seminar this year. If you have any ideas for next year, please send them to: rob@finalmix.comAs always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let us know. I will definitely check back in a couple days and see if there are any other questions out there. I love these message boards. TAXI is awesome. Many thanks,Rob ChiarelliChandler BridgesGauge Precision Instruments, Inc.
Rob Chiarelli
www.finalmix.com

jamesm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jamesm » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:27 am

Just as a follow-up, I got a nice message on my voicemail from Gauge with a status update, expecting to ship in the first week of December after the microphones clear Customs. (Having worked in freight forwarding companies before, I know firsthand that Customs clearance can be a royal pain and often gets backlogged).Thanks for the call!