Curiosity

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Alasdair
Impressive
Impressive

Curiosity

Post by Alasdair » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:50 am

has anyone ever got a 10 out of 10 on any of their screeners breakdowns for 1 or more of the 6 categories

think my best was four 9's and two 8s

just curious

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Curiosity

Post by hummingbird » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:02 am

Most of my F/R have not been full critiques, which are the only ones that use that rating system. I've had all 8's and all 9's, but can't see a 10 anywhere. Something to shoot for!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 am

As with Vikki, I rarely get a full critique, but I've been lucky enough to see a 10. I submitted an instrumental track to listing S160601RL

RETRO-sounding LOUNGE INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an International Music Library that's growing its catalog and using TAXI as a leading resource. Please submit throw-back style Mid-Tempo Lounge Instrumentals that could generally be found on the same playlist as: "The Millionaire's Holiday" by Combustible Edison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es1ts2F4SMQ "Cool Move" by Stereophonic Space Sound Unlimited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VOri0QKSU4 "Misirlou" by Martin Denny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5owZr9vP7c Quoting the source: Looking for 'Exotica' tracks. Think of retro lounge/easy listening, mixed with vintage, retro, cheesy sci-fi sounds and effects that create an amusing atmosphere for a space aged bachelor pad. Imagine what would James Bond would be playing in Monte' Carlo, or in his exotic island hideaway if he and George Jetson joined forces and were partners in crime!" This should be really fun! Give them original, lounge-friendly Instrumentals that capture the sound and style of the references above, with a kitschy overall vibe. The addition of vintage sci-fi sounds and elements could work really well for this pitch, but they're not absolutely necessary. And if you do use them, try not to go overboard! Do NOT copy or rip of the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and overall vibe. Tracks that are at least 2 minutes long are recommended. The easier they are to edit, the more the publisher will like them. This company offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal, so please be sure the Cues you submit to this pitch are NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please submit one to three Instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Company and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Wednesday, June 1st, 2016. TAXI #S160601RL

My track was forwarded and the critique gave N/A for lyrics and lead vocal (of course), a row of 9's for everything else apart from musicianship that scored 10. Nothing came from the forward (yet), but the same track was also forwarded for the listing below (still waiting for any response on that too).

Y161229RJ
1960’s ERA SOUNDING, JAZZY, EASY LISTENING INSTRUMENTALS CUES are U-R-G-E-N-T-L-Y needed for a $400, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music-Supervisor placement in an Independent Feature Film. They’re looking for Vintage-Sounding Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that sound like what you’d expect to hear in old school spy movie like the original Pink Panther or Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery if you prefer a more recent example. Please listen to the following references to get in the stylistic range of what this Music Supervisor (URGENTLY) needs: “Afrikaan Beat” by Bert Kaempfert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGmR2dJSDvo “Baby Elephant Walk” by Henry Mancini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1z4JfxFb6c Austin Powers Theme (“Soul Bossa Nova”): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0fZeySNck “A Swingin Safari” by Bill Justis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-RNV7-HfQ What would you expect to hear as a cool, 1960’s era, convertible sports car with a dapper looking spy, along with a classy looking lady with big sunglasses and a headscarf blowing in the wind drive up Pacific Coast Highway? Somebody out there has to have this! Please submit Instrumental Cues that are bouncy, lounge-y, and convey a fun, almost campy, retro-Jazzy, old school vibe. If you submit something created recently, instrumentation that sounds genuinely dated back to that 1960’s era will help you get to the top of this Supervisor’s list. If you’ve got an original vintage piece that actually dates back to that era, this Supervisor is likely to jump with joy! Light background vocals like ohhs, ahhs, la-la-las, etc., can work for this, but please DO NOT submit any tracks with sung lyrics. Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-faded endings are preferred, but if you’ve got something great and it happens to fade, don’t worry! Do not copy or rip off the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone and overall vibe. Era-Appropriate Recording Quality is recommended. The estimated license fee for this is $400, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of your Master and Publishing rights, plus you’ll get 100% the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control 100% of the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. All submissions must be received no later than 10:59AM (PST) on Thursday (morning), December 29th, 2016. TAXI #Y161229RJ
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Alasdair
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Alasdair » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:05 am

very interesting so 10's do come out..lol

very very well done Telefunkin... which track of yours was it..?

yes huminngbird definitely something to shoot for. I reckon I get a full breakdown on about 40% of my submisions.. so helpful in most cases.

thanks for sharing..

is Telefunkin the only one to get a 10 people?

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:24 am

I very seriously doubt it :lol: I was just saying that it does happen, but its just one opinion and there's certainly no guarantee beyond that. Love that screener though! ;)

BTW, just found a couple more. One scored 10 for engineering, the other scored 10 for both production and engineering. So If I can get that then I have absolutely no doubt that there are loads of more talented folk here that must have also scored 10s. Again, those tracks were forwarded, but no response yet. As I said, no guarantees. :D

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:21 pm

It is possible to get 10's. Happens probably way more than you'd think. Here's a recent one I just pulled from my submission history:

~~Matt

Alasdair
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Alasdair » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Awsome breakdown Mathew. Thank you for the share..

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:37 pm

I honestly didn't know if I had ever got a perfect score. I found this artist-pitch forward from a couple-few years ago.

...so I guess it is possible :-)

deano k

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:23 am

.....and there ya go!!!!
As I said, the talented 'big guns' have got plenty of 10s. I'm just the rookie who was proud of a few good scores, but wow!
Fantastic job Matt! That looked unbeatable ......until Dean showed up with a real eye-popper...... WOW! :D
(Mind you, Dean did write the book on this..... literally :lol: and the screener was probably reading it at the time).
Can anyone beat that score? :lol:
Last edited by Telefunkin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alasdair
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Alasdair » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:51 am

yep introduce a new column 10* for those awesome few who just knock peoples socks off.. :shock:

really glad I did this post... seems we spend most of our time deciphering ads or helping rookies like me cook some eggs.. :lol:

great to see the positivity of success and accomplishment..

There should be a new section "I got a 10"

to enourage newbies to aspire and those who got complacent with 9's.. that there is more. thank you for sharing