Did I Actually Get A Forward? (confused)

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tk2020

Did I Actually Get A Forward? (confused)

Post by tk2020 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:16 am

Hey guys. I just recently started submitting music (been a member for a while) and I am not 100% sure if I got a Forward or not. I did receive an email saying my song was Forwarded and on my Submission History page, under Finished it says [F] Forwarded - (View Critique) (Certificate). After clicking critique, at the top is says Note: This is not a full critique. Y Listings are judged on a Yes/No basis, but we want to let you know the reason this song wasn't forwarded. The status is under "Forwarded" however the "Lyrics" button is selected for "Reasons for not selected" and there wasn't any feedback whatsoever. So, did I actually get a forward?

This was the listing:

Y170124CP

CONTEMPORARY POP SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed for an up to $50,000 placement for a very successful Multi-Media Company who’s currently working on several Animated projects! They’re looking for radio-worthy Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs, with kid-friendly lyrics, that could be found on a playlist with the references the client gave us, below: “Roar” by Katy Perry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8 “On Top of The Word” by Imagine Dragons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5tWYmIOWGk “Try Everything” by Shakira: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I Give them well-crafted songs that are rhythmically, melodically, and lyrically compelling with a bit of an alternative vibe. Your submission should have a current sounding vocal performance with well-crafted melodies, incredibly catchy hooks, and a solid Pop chorus that could compete with what’s on the charts. This client is looking for songs that inspire him. He wants to find a song that he can take to new levels (see the note below). Kid-friendly, non-explicit lyrics are needed for this pitch. Having universal lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and places could make your song more appealing for this pitch. Do not copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). NOTE: This production/multi-media company is owned by a true A-List Writer/Producer whose M.O. is that he finds songs, re-cuts/produces them, gets them sung by really big, chart-topping artists, then licenses them to A-List Feature films for $30,000 - $50,000 per sync. This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE agreement with a 50/50 split. The specific terms will be determined directly between you and the Company. Because this is an Exclusive deal, please do NOT submit music for this pitch that is already signed to any other Libraries or Publishers. You must own or control your Copyright and Master recording. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD All submissions will be screened on a yes/no basis – no full critiques and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, January 24th, 2017. TAXI # Y170124CP

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Did I Actually Get A Forward? (confused)

Post by Tunesmith » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 pm

If you received an email saying forwarded, plus the certificate and you did not receive an email saying "We listened carefully to your song(s) listed below, but unfortunately,
it wasn't right on target for listing #xxxxxxx then I would say it was forwarded.

Be nice to hear your song!

Linda C

tk2020

Post by tk2020 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

If it says [F] Forwarded in your submission history, it was forwarded. They other thing was probably a typo. But if you want to be 101% sure, simply email or call Taxi and confirm. Their customer service is always great.

And congrats on the "F"! :D

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37 pm

I sometimes DON'T get emails informing me of Forwards either, but the 'My Submissions' table contains [F], the critique (brief or full) and the certificate. I've queried it but still don't know why it happens. Some say check your spam folder, but I've never found the missing messages. Its funny how the [R] emails ALWAYS get through though. :lol: Anyway, based on my own experiences I'd say YES, you have a forward, so Congratulations! :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:10 pm

TK..your song is great and I'm sure it was a forward!

I actually had a return on the listing.. Here is my song:

https://soundcloud.com/lindacullum/wish ... have-known

Congrats! Hope it hits the big screen!

Linda C

tk2020

Post by tk2020 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:01 am

@tunesmith, @telefunkin, and @caseyh: Thank you guys for your feedback! Excited that this is my first forward! Feeling better after talking to you.

SteveC
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:18 am

Hi TK,

big congrats!!

cheers

st

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 am

that would be a forward TK. congratulations and here is hope for many more.

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:49 am

Congrats on the forward TK2020

Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org