Electroclash Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Electroclash Forward

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Just got a forward for the listing below, simply with the comment "Nicely textured track Graham". I'm really happy about this one because its one of those where we were informed...
The Music Supervisor who will ultimately be using the music wanted to screen it all himself. He’s very discerning and has asked us to do that on other occasions.
Under the circumstances then, I'm hoping that a forward is a good sign. :)
The track is "Nomadic Norm" on my page...
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=59282

Y170203RE
ELECTROCLASH/ RETRO ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for several $1,500, Direct-to-Music Supervisor, NON-Exclusive placements in a new Science Fiction TV Series done by the same producers as the hit TV show, Mr. Robot. They're looking for retro sounding, Mid-to-Up Tempo Instrumental Cues that could be heard on a playlist with artists like (but not limited to), Droid Bishop, M83, Dynatron, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following references to get in the stylistic range of what this Music Supervisor needs:
"Nightland" by Droid Bishop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wQR-jgw7PI
"Midnight City" by M83: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE
"Stars of the Night" Dynatron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-mD6Dy7c0
Please submit original Instrumental Cues with an authentic Retro Sound and feel. Your instrumentation should use early, classic-sounding synths, pads, and leads that are reminiscent of the 1980s and 1990s electronic wave. Drums with tons of reverb will also help your Cue emulate that retro vibe this Music Supervisor is after. Recent recordings that sound retro will work for this, and if you've got any original vintage pieces that actually date back to that era, this Supervisor is likely to be all over it!All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long, with good edit points and buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for feel, texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee for this use is $1,500, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch. You'll get 100% of the sync fee, and 100% of any applicable performance royalties. Plus, you'll also keep 100% of your Publishing and Master ownership. You need to own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit 1-3 Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Company - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than on 11:59PM (PST), on Friday, February 3rd, 2017. TAXI #Y170203RE
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

jmkSlyder
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Electroclash Forward

Post by jmkSlyder » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Hey Graham,

Nice track! I've only done a couple instrumentals (been focusing on trying to write actual full songs). Anyway, this sounds cool to me!

John Michael Karnatz

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks john. I've only ever submitted instrumentals, mainly because I'm a poor singer but also because there are a ton of hurdles to get over without adding vocals and lyrics to the reasons for returns. :) Maybe when (if?) I get far more confident in my engineering and production skills I'll have a go at a song or three. Conversely, maybe you might consider making instrumentals from your song tracks.

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jessecarrigan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:59 am

Good work on this, congrats!

jeralddrai
Active
Active

Post by jeralddrai » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Nice track ! I also had some forwards for this listing, let's keep our fingers crossed ;)

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Onaginoffegin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Hey Graham,
Very nice track, and great job with the musical changeups to keep it interesting throughout.
Nice mix as well.
Good luck with it.

...Henry

TuKatz
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TuKatz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Graham, that is really great work there, nice energy and movement. Congratulations on the forward.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:10 am

Thanks guys, all comments are very much appreciated.