First submisison = First Forward! WORLD MUSIC PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DanWessels
Active
Active

First submisison = First Forward! WORLD MUSIC PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by DanWessels » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:04 pm

Hi all! I just joined Taxi last month, and have been submitting some instrumental cues. Lo and behold, I just got a forward on the very first track I submitted! It was for WORLD MUSIC PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES, TAXI #Y170120WP. This is a pretty darn good feeling!

The track is on my page, it's called "Djembe Circle": https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=me
(If there's a better protocol for sharing my track, let me know. This is my first time posting on the forums)

Here's the feedback I got:
"Getting the forward here, but with one caveat. The opening 15 seconds turned me off at first as it sounded a bit more imprecise than expected. It's hard to draw that line between mechanical and 'flamming too much'. The rest of the groove worked great, but the opening is where we make our first impression. I believe it will be more marketable with just a tad of cleanup in the opening bit."

So, I agree with the assessment that my intro was a little rough around the edges, but it's something I wouldn't necessarily have thought of on my own. It's great to hear what I can work on in future tracks.

Anyways, onto the next submission!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First submisison = First Forward! WORLD MUSIC PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Dan,
Congrats on the forward.
That first one feels good doesn't it? :)
Sorry, but I can't follow your link to listen though - I think it might be because of the 'userid=me'.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

DanWessels
Active
Active

Post by DanWessels » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Yeah, it definitely feels good! I got another forward a few days later on an electronic tension cue, and I'm waiting to hear on a few more that I'm pretty proud of.

Thanks for the heads up about the link. It looks like this one would work: https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=67558

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:55 am

Congrats Dan. Keep. That ball rolling
Ron :)
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org