Forum Newbies... a few thoughts+FAQs

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Antonioroxer
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Forum Newbies... a few thoughts+FAQs

Post by Antonioroxer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi everyone :D

I'm a newbie here from Sydney, Australia :D

I've actually been a TAXI member since 2008. I originally joined to see if my music was any good and that I wasn't just wasting my time with it. I submitted my demos (knowing the actual recordings were not good enough) just to see what response I'd get and I did get lots of 7-8's so I was happy that i wasn't completely deluding myself ;) However I knew my recordings were not up to scratch to actually get forwards. I did a lot of travelling since 2008 so kind of fell off the wagon a bit but still kept my membership for the occasional song I'd write and want to get feedback on. ;)

A few months ago my membership was due to expire again and I decided that I would either dedicate myself 100% or leave it be and truth is I love creating music far too much to let it go so I decided to rededicate myself :D I've been watching Taxi TV religiously each week for the last few months and thought now it's time to join the forums :D Taxi has really helped improve my writing no doubt about it. I know so much more now than when I first joined and I can feel my writing is getting better all the time. There is still a ways to go but I'm loving the challenge and the whole process of songwriting again.

Looking forward to hanging out here, seems like a great bunch of people :D

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:58 am

Welcome :)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Antonioroxer
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Antonioroxer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks hummingbird :)

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:26 pm

This is great. I learned something already...which led to a question.

I learned to put my real name and link to my music in my signature. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the right link.

I've uploaded my pics, bio and songs but I'm still seeing the message at the top of my bio, "No profile entered"

I emailed the Taxi webmaster about this, but I'm guessing they're more focused on fixing broken stuff--not noobie questions.

Anyway, my guess is my profile isn't done for some reason, which is why my link to my music doesn't exist.

Any help is appreciated!

Stephen Davis

**UPDATE** It is a technical issue so I need to work with Taxi.
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

mishmash

Post by mishmash » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks so much for posting all this info!
I was having a hard time with the avatar, but you've helped me sort out!
Cheers!
Michelle

SaraL

Post by SaraL » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 pm

I finally got smart and asked the administrator (Phil) how to link to my Taxi homepage here in the forum (after trying dozens of different links). Here's what he said:

"Login to your hosting page at taximusic.com, then click on the Artist Info Link. In that page you can decide what you want your external link to be. It's the last field at the bottom."

So, hopefully this will work!

http://www.taxi.com/SaraLeibman

TCTmusic

Post by TCTmusic » Sat May 11, 2013 9:00 am

Greetings Taxi Forum and members of Taxi,
I am T.C. Tye and new to the forums so please be easy on me. I need help. My first year with Taxi is over this week and I only had one forward so far. My dedication to song writing and joining Taxi has pushed myself to improve and I am starting to amaze myself but until I amaze the listeners and get licensing deals and become a Grammy Award winning singer/song writer I will not be satisfied! My strengths are keyboards, lead and backup vocals harmonies, ( I can always find a harmony no matter what the music is doing) and catchy hooks. I would love to collaborate and need to associate with others who understand what kind of soul bleeding song writing can be.
I want to post my critiques for review. I really thought I hit the target with "Fly You To The Moon" rejected for being (stylistic off target, needs to be more contemporary) for U130501SS and my taxi page is www.taxi.com/tctye
I am not just new to Taxi forum I am new to forums in general. My strengths are writing two to three songs a week and I need a studio full of competent musicians to hand the new songs to while I go write a bunch more. For now, I do it all myself as I am sure many of you do too but I would love to collaborate my strengths with a guitar playing SS.
So thank you for the help and I pledge to do more with the forums in my second year with Taxi. The 5 year plan is talked about on here and I realize if I am going to cut that in half or less I better get with and get to know others in the forums and participate with feedback as well.
I need a forum tutor! :lol:
TCTmusic

ALLEARS

Post by ALLEARS » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi All,
Fairly new to Taxi and BRAND new to forum..really looking forward to GETTING AND GIVING FEEDBACK ON VARIOUS TOPICS...One basic question though...how do i attach my Taxi homepage to my posts??..sorry if this topic has been covered alreadyhttp://forums.taxi.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=19741#

boinkeee2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by boinkeee2000 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi Folks, Newbie to TAXI Here & just want to say howdy, been at this music thing for a few decades now & lookin forward to a harmonious relationship with taxi and its members....wish everyone luck and happy composing! I'm also excited bout the rally comin up so i can see some of you in person!

http://www.taximusic.com/erikvargas

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by HectorRContreras » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Dear HummingBird,

Thank you SO very much.

From Hector and Catherine.

And here, especially for you :

human_hummingbird_feeder_4.jpg
human_hummingbird_feeder_4.jpg (15.09 KiB) Viewed 3489 times