Free EDM CD

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TheElement
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Free EDM CD

Post by TheElement » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:44 am

Subscribe and you will have access to downloads and exclusive posts of unreleased songs plus I will mail you my EDM 2016 album which features 8 of my best tracks of 2016.

Subscribe here: https://tradiio.com/the-element

Thanks! 8-)

Hollywood Music In Media Award Nominated Record Producer from The BahamasFacebook | Soundcloud

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Free EDM CD

Post by sansharbour » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:24 am

Hi Gavin

I hope the Rally was good to you this year
Pleasure chatting at the lunches and line
I know you were running short of cds
As I listen a lot in my car I wouldn't mind getting one

Signed up for Tradio and I see you but not your music

Don

dagovitsj

Re: Free EDM CD

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:26 am

Hi!
I'm listening to your song 'Forever' as I type - great song!

I want to learn how to make EDM, and wonder if you can point me in the right direction?
My background: I have a master in musicology, play guitar, piano, sing etc - so I have both a good theoretical basis as well as some musical skills under my belt. I've also completed Music For The Media course from Thinkspace Education.

I have done some research and have found out that I have to get some synths which are typical for this genre, like U-he's Diva, Massive from NI, Omnisphere etc.

1) Could you recommend some classic EDM albums/tracks so I can listen and analyze to understand what's this genre is all about?
2) What do you use for drums/perc? Seems like it's quite loop based. Do you program the drums in VSTi's like Battery or similar, or are there some basic sample libs I just need to get to nail this EDM style?
3) Are there some good tutorials regarding learning how to create EDM which you will recommend - both composing and mixing?
4) I see that you have made both a vocal version of Forever and an instrumental version. Are vocals in EDM a necessary part of the genre?

Thanks in advance ;)

All the best
dagovitsj