with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

GarageBand exporting issues

Post by DooWahDiddy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:35 am

Hey guys,

I made an instrumental in GarageBand that uses EastWest samples, including a pretty intense drum loop from Stormdrum. It sounds fine when I play it in GB, but when I export it, it gets about 15 seconds in and starts making a horrible screeching noise in the drum track. The rest of the instruments keep playing, but obviously it's unusable.

Is this because I'm using an older laptop? Any thoughts on a workaround? I've tried exporting the drums as a solo and it still does it. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

Re: GarageBand exporting issues

Post by DooWahDiddy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Hmm, no, I don't have Logic Pro X. I don't think there are any instrument plug-ins or effects on the track. But even if there were, wouldn't getting rid of those make it sound bad? Ugh, I don't know what else to try. Maybe I should look for someone with the same set up but a better computer, and see if I can email it to them and have them export it. Thanks for your help, though!

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jessecarrigan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 pm

I've run into a similar issue and it seems to be a symptom of running out of sufficient memory/bandwidth to render the software instruments on the fly. I second the recommendation to bounce the track to audio; it's a much lighter weight process in terms of memory. Save a copy of the project if you want to keep all any MIDI information intact, then bounce the track on one of the copies.

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DooWahDiddy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Since I don't have Logic and am only using Garageband, can someone walk me through how to do what you're saying? Or is it not possible in GB?

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DooWahDiddy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Ha, nevermind; I discovered it works if I solo the drums, export it, then mute the drums and export everything else, then put them both together in a different program. I could have sworn I tried that already and it didn't work...

Thanks for your help; maybe you should still outline how to do what you were suggesting, in case anyone else has this same problem!