Gratitude and appreciation

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

robbiejhancock
Impressive
Impressive

Gratitude and appreciation

Post by robbiejhancock » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm

When I joined Taxi I joined almost blind, blind faith that is. I had heard about it for years but it just took a little extra courage, nudge and faith to dive in and give it a try. Boy was that ever the best thing I ever did! Thanks to two early mentors that told me my music wasn't really working for country (in a nice way of course) but suggested I was more of an emotional writer and I should try film and television. Hmmm I said, writing for film and tv eh? What the heck! *Canadian Gratitude

I finally now have what I have always wanted. A real beginning to a career as a composer and artist in the music industry. I write this for my own journey but I also write to give thanks to all the Taxi staff and those selfless initial Taxi members that helped me with out any inkling of wanting anything in return. *Gratitude

In turn, I continue to pass things on every chance I get to those who will listen. So I will say that this is also for those who are newbies and are lost in the dark as I was. Believe me, if I can do it, you can do it. SO DON'T GIVE UP ...

I am posting here because this is where I started, lost in the forums after I first joined Taxi and just trying to find my way and myself at the same time as to where I fit in to the current music industry. A lot of submissions and a lot of returns at first, but I soon realized that was a key ingredient to more forwards, more deals and eventually more placements. *Appreciation

I have had a really good month, in fact it is my best month yet and it all happened very quickly. In fact things have been snowballing since this past rally. This however did not happen overnight. It happened with the help of Taxi tv, the rally and the forum. *Gratitude

After a recent deal with a music library I have been working on for almost two years I can now say that I am into 4 figures income from writing, composing and recording music. Not bad for someone who 5 years ago couldn't do much more in a DAW than hit the record button LOL!

I also got my music signed this month to two top shelf music libraries in LA that I have been wanting to get into and build relationships with for the past three years. Both library owners were my mentors at two of my 4 road rally's attended. Going to the road rally's made these deals happen, by being there I won, for my own goals, in my own journey. *Appreciation

Lastly since the last rally I found out about placements on Bravo, The Big Ten Network and just yesterday a placement on the tv show Catfish on MTV with Andy Gabrys. I am so thankful for those that believed in me and heard something in my early work. Sometimes it is all you need to keep going, to not give up and to keep working hard. I never thought I would be as far as I am but I feel blessed, that I am a member of such a wonderful supportive community called Taxi. Thanks Michael Laskow for your creation. You have changed my life and the lives of so many others. You have my GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION. Onward!

Robbie
http://www.robbiehancock.com/credits
Last edited by robbiejhancock on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robbie Hancock
https://robbiehancock.com
Sync or Swim Music
https://syncorswimmusic.com

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Gratitude and appreciation

Post by andygabrys » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Right on!

I am extremely grateful that we met and have been having successes with our music together - and grateful that TAXI exists and has played a large part in that. Thanks ML!

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:28 am

Congrats Robbie

You hung in and did the work and you deserve the success that you have achieved in a relatively short time :)

Tom

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:25 pm

That's fantastic, Robbie!

Thanks for your post.

It was great sitting next to you at the mentor lunch at the Rally.

Congratulations on the recent placements!
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

digital1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by digital1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 am

Great story, Robbie. Congrats on your success!

Jerry

shenrichs
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by shenrichs » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Great story, Robbie - thanks for passing that on.
DSD Music
"Doing Something Different"

Web site
TAXI

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:38 am

Inspiring story man! Congrats on all of the success. I was in the same boat as you with being on the fence about TAXI for years, but everything happened in due time and I can now say that with no regrets. Looking forward to working with you in 2017!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Well said Robbie. I really enjoyed reading your post and its exactly what we all need to see now and again - that good things can happen quickly. Hard work has paid off for you, and you've been most fortunate in finding a great co-writer too. Thanks for the inspiration.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:57 am

Well done Robbie and congrats on reaching those elusive 4 figures :D

You are one of the most inspiring people I have the pleasure to work with, so thank YOU also for all the support over the last couple of years :)

Amanda x
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:28 pm

Robbie thank you for this inspirational blog.
RON
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org