Just a request.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Just a request.

Post by walter529 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Man! I wish I had stock in a pharmaceutical co.. Seems like the more I pay for ins. the more my med. prices climb. Staying alive is getting to be expensive. :? Ins. won't cover my testosterone (?), barely covers my fentanyl &, by God's grace, I qualify for free interferon. That one would be better than $500/mo., my "co-pay".
I don't get it. I have to have a certain level of testosterone to live!! But, it's considered an un-necessary cost?!! Geez!! I can't wait 'til I'm out from under Humana's thumb. Dec. Just 8 Mo's.

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:41 pm

My mysterious leg, along w/ poor balance, has put me back in Physical Therapy. The therapist is very pleased w/ my progress. My theory, tho, is that we can only get so far improving my balance considering my meds. Klonopin & fentanyl are both pretty strong. Plus, I just had a root canal. YEEHA!! So, I'm on an antibiotic, too. I almost COULD start my own pharmacy!

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Again, the Therapist in PT is impressed by how I'm improving. Good to hear. :)

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:27 pm

The therapist is, again, pleased w/ my progress. Today marks the beginning of my 7th wk & will be my
last hopefully.
I'm not confident enough to just take off on a walk w/ our dog. Last time I did that I wound up having
to almost crawl back to the house.
I talked to the therapist about this, & he said what makes sense. "Small steps". So, I'm going to drive
to the local track & walk up to a lap at a time 'til my leg tells me I can go further.
That's tough for me. I'm determined. I like to go 1 1/2 miles when my body says 1 is enough. I ran Cross
-Country in HS. I'd run betw. 6 & 13 miles a day Mon-Sat, w/ days off here & there. Sunday I'd run 18. I had
work outs thrown in during my "Free" time. So, walking less than 1/4 mile is hard to fathom.
But, I want to get "back on my feet". So, I'll gut it out 'til my body tells me I can go farther. I'm not
known for patience. But, in this case, I'll manage.

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:05 pm

I graduated from PT, again. But I do feel stronger & more confident.
Feel a bit strange today, kinda like we've returned from a long trip. Thing is, we didn't go anywhere this w/e. I have recently switched back to a 25 mcg fentanyl patch after the doc's kinda played tag w/ it. They prescribed 12 mcg by mistake , I think, 2 out of 3 times. I ain't mad or nuthin'. I wonder how it may have thrown my body off. It is an opioid. Hmm. I am turning 52 Wed.. Maybe it's just age. :lol:

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Had an oncologist visit last wk.. I asked abt testing for the BRAF gene mutation. I was told, since I'm stable, don't mess w/ it. I just don't undrstand. It's a test, not a new drug. They're looking for a commonality among us, a possible cause. But, I'll listen to the docs, like a good lad. :)

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:21 am

Had a visit w/ the ophthalmologist Wed.. He had some good news for us. My field of vision, vision in general and my optic nerve have all improved. I'm probably happiest about the health of my optic nerve. I could overcome it,yeah. I think losing my sight bothers me more than the prospect of dying, though. I'm weird :) .
He said he didn't know what may be the cause of the improvement. He did say, this coming from an MD, that prayer was the most likely culprit. I like that. He will get a sonogram of my eye in 6 mo.'s to get a closer look

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm going to talk w/ our family phys. & see if sports medicine might be able to help my rt. leg. It's been almost 5 mo.s, & I still can't just take our dog for a walk. It's gotten pretty old.

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Walter Comer here from my Sis' computer. 2 wks ago last Thurs we had quite the adventure. Slept on the couch so Benji would let me sleep. Bride arose to get ready for work, & I got up to reclaim my side of the bed. 4 steps from the couch the world fell out from under me, again. I fell, HARD, betw. our quartz htr, which wasn't on, & an end table. My right arm caught the worst of it. NASTY bruise!! M'Bride heard all, evn the words I shouldn't have said, from the bathroom w/ the H2O running & the door closed. We wound up in the ER getting x-rayed, etc.. Was sent home w/ a prescrip. for a super Ibuprofen (Toradol?) & instr.'s to see my doc for a follow up in a few days. That day came. I reached in to pull the door closed & caught my rt foot on the step. Down I went, you guessed it, on my rt side. Caught myself w/ my rt arm/hand. Oh, did I scream!! Doc said, cuz of that fall, we needed to watch for stress fractures in my wrist. Fun, fun!
So, Fri. M'lady hauled me off to SC to see my family & to give her a much needed break. (MY WORDS). She'll be bak 2 get me in a coupla days when she can take the punishment ,again :-D.
Lemme tell ya. That young lady has done so much for me. I dunno how she keeps going. But, she's the love of my life. God really blessed me when HE brought our paths to cross.
Oh! Doc said I likely had a bad sprain ar'nd my scapula. I'm obviously a bit bettr, now. Just can't go galavanting w/ Mom, like I normally would. We'll survive. She's been cookin'!! Mm-mm!!

walter529
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by walter529 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Oh, yeah. A wk prior....
I think it was Sunday, 10/27. We got home from church. & a coupla hrs later I stepped out on the front porch. I don't kno exactly what happened. But, I lost my balance. I knew to flip so I'd land on my bak, not my head. In retrospect, taking my skull thickness into consideration, it might hav been better to land on my bean.
So, I landed on the bak of my hat rack & right shoulder blade on some 6 x 6's I bordered our Butterfly bushes w/, said some things I had to apologize to God for, got up and cried in frustration. I'm sick of stumbling, staggering, falling, & walking like I've had a bottle, not a shot, of the hard stuff. Loving me or not has nothing to do w/ it. I hate giving my bride one more *&%$ thing to worry about. Now, I've got my right leg screwed up, my left arm w/ something pulled & now my right shoulder blade feeling like Mike Tyson slugged it. GRRRRRR!!
I'm gonna try acupuncture for my left arm & rt. leg. W/ something inflamed, I don't think massage is the ansr.
But, I'm still here!! .