Library Deal

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shenrichs
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Library Deal

Post by shenrichs » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:38 pm

I've just been offered a library contract for one of my tracks. I submitted the track to TAXI on November 2 and the library contacted me just today; so the whole process took less than three weeks. You can listen to the track, "The Unborn", on my TAXI homepage at the link below.

Here's the listing:

AMBIENT DRONE-Y SOUNDSCAPE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Licensing Company with a list of great placements in Film and TV. Please submit subdued, "drone-y" Instrumental Cues that could be featured along with the works of Charlie Clouser, Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, Hans Zimmer, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the references below to get a good idea of the style they're looking for: "Open Eyes" by Charlie Clouser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cz5qH96nfI "Perihelion" by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npFeMDdODi0" Imperfect Lock" by Hans Zimmer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJdQnRdVaU0 Submit subtle and textural Instrumental Cues that deliver a moody and ominous feeling, with instrumentation weaving in and out to create a mood-setting piece of compelling underscore. You should stick to a singular motif throughout the entire cue to keep your submission emotionally cohesive. Be sure to keep your submissions fairly simple yet compelling for this pitch. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long, with non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out are recommended. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine). This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE agreement with a 50/50 split. The specific terms of this agreement will be determined directly between you and the Library. Because this is an Exclusive deal, please submit music for this pitch that is not already signed to any other Libraries or Publishers. You must own or control your Copyright and Master recording. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016. TAXI #Y161102AS
DSD Music
"Doing Something Different"

Web site
TAXI

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Library Deal

Post by markhimley » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:29 pm

congrats!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:40 am

Impressive turn-round!
Its really uplifting to know that things can move this fast when needed.
Congratulations.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:28 pm

shenrichs wrote:I've just been offered a library contract for one of my tracks. I submitted the track to TAXI on November 2 and the library contacted me just today; so the whole process took less than three weeks. You can listen to the track, "The Unborn", on my TAXI homepage at the link below.

Here's the listing:

AMBIENT DRONE-Y SOUNDSCAPE INSTRUMENTAL CUES
#Y161102AS

Congrats! I got an offer for the same listing.

I'd love to stay in touch with you and get to know you better if we're joining the same library around the same time. I'll send you a PM with my contact information.
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile