Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Missing Notifications of Forward or Return

Post by Telefunkin » Tue May 19, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Riders,
Several times now I've had no notification of my material being screened, then I've checked 'My Submissions' to find some new Returns and even a Forward. I just wondered whether anyone else has experienced this? I get the newsletters OK, and I certainly get the receipts for the submissions.

Any advice appreciated.
Regards,
Graham.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Missing Notifications of Forward or Return

Post by andygabrys » Tue May 19, 2015 11:28 am

did you check your email spam folder?

it seems like a lot of TAXI generated stuff goes there. It changed maybe 6 months back - perhaps related to Google changing their definition of what "spam" is (I always though it was mystery meat in a can......)

all my forum emails and such go to my spam folder.

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Holy crap! I had no idea about the Submission History part of the web site. I got my first forward last month and didn't even know it! ::heading to the forwards section::
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sun May 24, 2015 5:49 am

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the reply but its not my spam settings. I do get receipts and all the usual email from Taxi and I have had some notifications of forward/return as well. Maybe I have to raise this one with the officials.

Hi Paulie,
Great that you got a forward - congratulations on that! I'm also glad that me raising this topic helped you find out. However, it seems you also have the same issue that notifications of forward/return are not getting through to you either. Could I ask if you would also raise the issue with Taxi please? Clearly, something is going wrong somewhere, and although its not too important at this stage, it does worry me that more important communication (like a contract offer) might also not get through. I'd hate that to happen to me or anyone else.

Best regards,
Graham.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sun May 31, 2015 3:05 am

Hi All,
I raised this with Taxi and of course its my own fault. It seems ...
"When making online submissions, make sure to select the box that asks if you want to be notified by email."

I've never noticed that, so I have to take the blame. I'll stand the embarrassment of telling everyone though in the hope that it helps someone else.

Thanks to Taxi's Harry Ingraham for the advice.

Regards,
Graham.

madison166

Post by madison166 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:00 am

Is it very unusual for a return or forward to be late? I am very new to taxi and my first submission went past the 30 day mark two days ago?
I have had a couple of full critiques returned so I know the system is working ok. It's not in my submission box that's for sure.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:34 am

Hi Madison and welcome to the fold!
I sincerely hope you have fun here and make the most of all it offers.

I've only been here since the beginning of the year but many of my submissions have passed the 30 day mark, but without fail they have all been responded to. In my case though, I didn't get an email but the responses turned up on my Submission History, so check there just in case. Basically though, don't worry. You'll hear something soon, but you'll also hear most people here tell you that the best thing to do is not to wait in hope but to get on with your next submission. :)

Best of luck with all that comes your way,
Graham.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

gabrielmorgan
Active
Active

Post by gabrielmorgan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi Madison,

We apologize that it is taking longer than 30 days to hear back about your submission. Please feel free to contact our customer support if you have any issues and we'll be happy to assist you as best as we can. Our number is 1-818-222-2464. You can also contact me personally at gabe@taxi.com and I'll be happy to help you out in whatever way I can. When you contact us in regards to this issue, please have your member number, the listing you submitted your music to and the songs you submitted to that listing ready so we can directly look into it as quickly as we can.
Best Regards,

Gabe Morgan
TAXI Independent A&R - Member Services

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Telefunkin wrote: "When making online submissions, make sure to select the box that asks if you want to be notified by email."
:o eh? :o
:shock: I've Never noticed it. :shock:
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr