MY FIRST FORWARD!!!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

billhewett
Impressive
Impressive

MY FIRST FORWARD!!!!

Post by billhewett » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Sorry for the excessive exclamation points and caps, but having been a relatively casual TAXI member since August of 2013 I am *super* excited to finally get a forward :)

This was for the Garage Rock listing, and here is the track: I'll Give You Love

If you are like me, plugging away trying to get something through, just keep working! Learn as much as you can from other members and from your return critiques, and one day you'll get a listing results email that doesn't start with "We listened carefully to your song(s) listed below, but unfortunately..."

Thanks to everybody here on the forums and at the Road Rally for all of the help and encouragement over the past three years!

-Bill

For reference, here is the original listing:
GARAGE ROCK SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for a NON-Exclusive, $2,500, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement in an Independent Film.

NOTE: “Garage Rock” in this context means music that was typically what you’d hear from bands rehearsing in their garages in the late 1950s through the late 1960s. At least music that sounds like that!

This Music Supervisor is an A-Lister, and he loves to find vintage sounding recordings that sound like they could have been created in the 1950s, and 1960s, and/or recordings that were actually produced in those decades as well. Please listen to the references he gave us to get in the general stylistic wheelhouse of what he needs for this film:

“Have Love, Will Travel” by The Sonics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20S_kwNb4rg

“All Day and All of The Night” by The Kinks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMWNwHof0kc

“Cry” by The Malibus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTYaLYc7XII

Give this Music Supervisor songs that authentically capture a 1960s and 1950s, gritty Garage Rock sound, vibe, and production with driving, distorted guitar riffs, killer bass lines, and big, hard-hitting drums. Your vocal performance should be confident and have plenty of attitude in it.

Lyric themes can vary, but should be something typically heard in songs by bands in the Garage Rock era. Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and profanity could have a little bit of edge, but are not absolutely necessary. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced bands in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and vibe. Appropriate sounding broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

jmkSlyder
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: MY FIRST FORWARD!!!!

Post by jmkSlyder » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi Bill,

That's awesome that you got a forward on this listing....I'm really happy for you!

Unfortunately, my song that I submitted, "Back On My Knees", was not forwarded. Screener #395 said "... the vocal delivery and sound just doesn't quite sound convincing enough to work for this client." "Frankly, I was shocked, since several Taxi members had commented that it was spot on for the listing. Also, I have the song already placed in another music library (not through Taxi). I'm going to contact the head screener and pursue this further...

But enough about my stuff...., congrats again and keep up the good word!

John Michael Karnatz

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi Bill..Big Congratulations to you!! It is exciting to get a forward, especially the first! Hope it goes way forward!

I recently had my first as well!

Best wishes,

Linda C

https://soundcloud.com/lindacullum

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Congratulations Bill!
I hope this inspires you and leads to many more.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

LyricsMatter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LyricsMatter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:26 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, BILL!!! (not sorry for the excessive exclamation points and caps :D )

I remember liking this song and commenting to that effect on Peer To Peer back in December. Well done!

All the best with the forward!

Trisha
Lyrics Matter

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 pm

I still remember my first forward. Great memories of hitting a very important milestone on this journey. Glad you've got your own memory now to hold on to. Here's to many more forwards for you, Bill!

~~Matt

chrismugs
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrismugs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:02 am

Congrats Bill! well deserved. i'm certain that this is the first of many more.

SteveC
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveC » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi BIll,

Big Time Congrats!! Take it all in.....Validation.....Now, get to work on the next one!!!!!!!

cheers

st

harom

Post by harom » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:08 am

Congratulations. Reason to celebrate!
The first time is indeed a special experience.
Just listened to the song. Great guitar-riff.

Kind regards,
Hans

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:58 am

Congratulations on your first forward! :D
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK