My little success story

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

My little success story

Post by spariam » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:42 pm

The modesty in me has made me a little hesitant to post here...but I think I'll go ahead and add my little story, mostly for the benefit of those who may be considering joining Taxi or wonder whether it really works (and I've seen a few of those threads in my short time here).I joined Taxi the end of March of this year (2006) and though my first submission was rejected, I've had many forwards since. I recently licensed two tracks to a music library through one of my Taxi forwards that I submitted just a month or so after I joined.I've also had some recent placements outside of Taxi, but I will have to say that the Taxi critiques have been of great importance to me, and some of the music I've placed outside of Taxi had originally be written for Taxi listings.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My little success story

Post by davewalton » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:48 pm

Congratulations back at ya! I would have died if I had gotten a Tax deal within six months of joining.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:20 am

Excellent news! Good work.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:45 am

Quote:some of the music I've placed outside of Taxi had originally be written for Taxi listings.Congrats Doug, you're moving fast . Btw I've had the same thing happen to me, some really big placements came about as a result of pitching music I had written for a Taxi listing (and that I would've never written otherwise) thru other avenues as well.matto

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:22 am

Congrat Spariam! Way to get your music moving so fast, that's incredible. Here's to the continued success!Theresa

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:59 am

Thanks everybody! I do feel lucky to get a few quick placements - I know the norm is to wait quite some time to hear back after a forward, if at all. It's a great motivator...now back to the little dark room