Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mattharveymusic
Impressive
Impressive

New Listing #U130220SS Question

Post by mattharveymusic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Listing is below, my question is about what's in the final paragraph :-

TOP MUSIC LIBRARY (owned by an A-List Music Supervisor) needs MID-to-UPTEMPO CONTEMPORARY SINGER SONGWRITER SONGS with MALE VOCALS a la:

"Better Together" by Jack Johnson http://bit.ly/TeZnK

"I'm Yours" Jason Mraz http://bit.ly/7EhzJv

"Come On Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson http://bit.ly/FoYxw

They need SONGS in the spirit of the references above, that are CATCHY, MELODIC, and WARM. Your production must sound CURRENT, EARTHY, ORGANIC, and with POSTIVE-LEANING LYRIC THEMES. AVOID DEPRESSING AND GLOOMY SUBJECTS/LYRICS. Your SONGS must be well crafted with a SOLID and SOULFUL VOCAL PERFORMANCE. Male vocals only, please. UNIVERSAL LYRICS are essential. Please avoid references to specific Names, Places, Dates, Times, Brands, etc. All lyrics must be PG-Rated. Please, NO profanity. Instrumental performances must be top-notch, whether you're submitting stripped-down, guitar/piano/vocal versions or full productions.

Quoting the Music Supervisor: "I'm looking for CONTEMPORARY Male Singer/Songwriter Songs that will work well for a number of different opportunities in Films, TV Shows, and Commercials. Your songs MUST sound current and feature a GREAT VOCAL PERFORMANCE. I want easy-to-listen-to tracks with strong, catchy, and infectious choruses. I need it to sound more like a real band/artist, instead of a one man band performing the song."

This Music Supervisor has placed several TAXI Members Songs in TOP TV Shows and Hollywood Feature Films, and is EXCITED to hear more music. His library is distributed by a MEGA-LIBRARY, so the sync possibilities extend FAR beyond just what this Supervisor can place on his own!

Broadcast Quality is needed (excellent home recordings are fine). As always, do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or their songs in any way, shape, or form! NO SAMPLES of other songs or artists can be incorporated into your track. Please DO NOT submit music that's already signed to any other publishers, catalogs, labels, or libraries. You must own or control 100% of the Master and Composition rights to submit for this listing. If your submissions are selected, the Library is offers a 5-year, Non-Exclusive agreement, with a publishing split to be determined on a case-by-case basis. Please submit one to three songs online. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a person Hand-Picked by the Music Supervisor. No full critiques. ALL submissions must be received no later than by Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 9:30AM PDT. TAXI #U130220SS

My question is :- If we're going to be offered a Non-Exclusive deal if our songs are selected by the publisher, why do we have to submit music that's already signed to other publishers/libraries? Can anyone think of a good explanation for this?

Any thoughts appreciated. Happy Valentines Day!

Matt

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: New Listing #U130220SS Question

Post by Casey H » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Matt
You should ask Taxi. Maybe there is a typo in the listing and they meant "exclusive" where it says "Non-Exclusve" :? :?:

Casey

mattharveymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mattharveymusic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

Didn't get a reply from taxi about this, so didn't submit. Hope I haven't missed out. :(

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 pm

mattharveymusic wrote:Please DO NOT submit music that's already signed to any other publishers, catalogs, labels, or libraries. You must own or control 100% of the Master and Composition rights to submit for this listing. If your submissions are selected, the Library is offers a 5-year, Non-Exclusive agreement, with a publishing split to be determined on a case-by-case basis.

My question is :- If we're going to be offered a Non-Exclusive deal if our songs are selected by the publisher, why do we have to submit music that's already signed to other publishers/libraries? Can anyone think of a good explanation for this?

Any thoughts appreciated. Happy Valentines Day!

Matt
yeah looks like a typo in the listing, but you probably meant the opposite of what you wrote as well right Matt?

mattharveymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mattharveymusic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Ha! Yes I did! Still surprised they didn't answer me though, or send out a corrected listing. :(