more than 8 minutes of my music in an episode

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: more than 8 minutes of my music in an episode

Post by Russell Landwehr » Tue May 31, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks, Friends :D
AlCompose wrote:Wow Congrats! that's brilliant....I've had a few forwards but nothing signed yet, Great work, Al
Hi, Al.

Keep at it. In this business, as long as you keep focusing on what you CAN do, and keep putting the music into the pipeline where you have access to it, then the outcome is inevitable. 8 minutes of music in an episode doesn't happen over night. I joined TAXI in 2011. I began getting forwards and sort of tested which "musical path" was right for me. After many forwards, finally in late 2013 I signed with my first library. That led to my first placements on TV in mid-2014. Even though I was still getting a lot of stuff forwarded by TAXI, it was nearly another whole year before I was able to begin signing to more libraries. One of which got me these 8 minutes.
You see, I'm not one of those guys who just magically produces stuff that every library instantly wants to sign. It takes a lot of work. Studying the music. Trying and failing. Adapting. Trying again. It's all about constant work. It's about constantly creating music and putting it out there.

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Tue May 31, 2016 1:45 pm

Russell Landwehr wrote: Keep at it. In this business, as long as you keep focusing on what you CAN do, and keep putting the music into the pipeline where you have access to it, then the outcome is inevitable. 8 minutes of music in an episode doesn't happen over night. I joined TAXI in 2011. I began getting forwards and sort of tested which "musical path" was right for me. After many forwards, finally in late 2013 I signed with my first library. That led to my first placements on TV in mid-2014. Even though I was still getting a lot of stuff forwarded by TAXI, it was nearly another whole year before I was able to begin signing to more libraries. One of which got me these 8 minutes.
You see, I'm not one of those guys who just magically produces stuff that every library instantly wants to sign. It takes a lot of work. Studying the music. Trying and failing. Adapting. Trying again. It's all about constant work. It's about constantly creating music and putting it out there.

Russell
it's amazing to hear other people stories.. and it put things in perspective again
Thank you Russell for these priceless words,
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Tue May 31, 2016 2:11 pm

Russell Landwehr wrote: Keep at it. In this business, as long as you keep focusing on what you CAN do, and keep putting the music into the pipeline where you have access to it, then the outcome is inevitable. 8 minutes of music in an episode doesn't happen over night. I joined TAXI in 2011. I began getting forwards and sort of tested which "musical path" was right for me. After many forwards, finally in late 2013 I signed with my first library. That led to my first placements on TV in mid-2014. Even though I was still getting a lot of stuff forwarded by TAXI, it was nearly another whole year before I was able to begin signing to more libraries. One of which got me these 8 minutes.

Russell
Thanks for this Russell. Very helpful advice from a true pro!
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

jadams
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jadams » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:38 am

Russell Landwehr wrote:Thanks, Friends :D
AlCompose wrote:Wow Congrats! that's brilliant....I've had a few forwards but nothing signed yet, Great work, Al
Hi, Al.

Keep at it. In this business, as long as you keep focusing on what you CAN do, and keep putting the music into the pipeline where you have access to it, then the outcome is inevitable. 8 minutes of music in an episode doesn't happen over night. I joined TAXI in 2011. I began getting forwards and sort of tested which "musical path" was right for me. After many forwards, finally in late 2013 I signed with my first library. That led to my first placements on TV in mid-2014. Even though I was still getting a lot of stuff forwarded by TAXI, it was nearly another whole year before I was able to begin signing to more libraries. One of which got me these 8 minutes.

Russell
Thanks for that background. Gives hope to those of us with a few forwards but no placements I've certainly had my doubts as to whether or not a forward really means anything at all.

larrymagee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by larrymagee » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Way to go!!!!!!!