Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

My Class At 2016 Taxi Rally - Song Structure

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:23 am

Hey all.
I'll be teaching a class at the rally on song structure, Sunday at 1:45. Just shouting out an invite. The idea for the class grew out of my many years on this forum, giving feedback (and receiving too!) to help songwriters shape up their songs. The class is particularly useful for beginner songwriters but everyone can benefit. :D :D

Simple Song Structures That Sell with Casey Hurowitz Midway Room (Mezzanine Level / 2nd Floor)
Struggling to get more songs forwarded and attract the ears of A&R people? Often it’s all about structure. Beginner songwriters (and some experienced folks!) often miss the basics. Verses? Pre-Choruses? Choruses? Bridges? Casey, who has had many music placements and songs signed with music libraries, will talk about all those sections from both a musical and lyrical point of view. The class will listen to examples of popular songs and discuss what makes them tick as far as structure. Casey will also try to take CDs from the class and play some songs for discussion. So bring CDs and lyric sheets! Class participation strongly encouraged!

Hope to see some of you there!!

:-) Casey
Attachments
Song Struct Cover Slide.jpg
Song Struct Cover Slide.jpg (61.95 KiB) Viewed 875 times