The $500 giveaway in the first ballroom session is amazing!

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SteveK
Active
Active

The $500 giveaway in the first ballroom session is amazing!

Post by SteveK » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Just a couple thoughts on the $500 giveaway on Friday in the first ballroom session.

First of all, it is special TAXI and Mr. Laskow giveaway $500 to assist in a TAXI member's expenses in traveling to the best music convention in the world. On top of how great the TAXI Road Rally is, the event is free to TAXI members. To give away $500 to a TAXI member is stunning and amazing!

It was announced on TAXI TV, this year a person has to have a cell phone or tablet and be on Twitter to participate in the chance for the $500 giveaway. Some people in the audience do not own a cell phone or tablet. For those people, it may be a little frustrating to not have a chance for the amazing $500 giveaway. At least for this big drawing and typically a full room of around 1,100 people, I believe it may be prudent to draw numbers out of the box, so everyone has a chance to be given $500. That way, the TAXI Road Rally gets off to a rousing start on Friday!

Steven

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: The $500 giveaway in the first ballroom session is amazi

Post by Paulie » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 pm

I'm trying to figure out who today doesn't own a cell phone. ;) I was unaware of the Twitter requirement., but it's easy to setup. My main concern would be problems getting a signal in the ballroom. :shock:
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:12 pm

The $500 prize will be awarded via ticket stubs drawn.

The $2,000 Grand Prize Bundles on Saturday and Sunday mornings will be done via Twitter. Drawing the ticket stubs often takes too much panel time as we draw ticket after ticket from people who are not in the ballroom.

Sorry for the bad formatting!!! Working on panel questions, and don't have time to fix the formatting on this post. :oops:

Grand Prize Giveaways!
TAXI Road Rally 2016

Drawing Held During DIY Power Tools Panel
9:45am – 10:45am: Saturday in Grand Ballroom

1 VoiceLive Play Acoustic from TC Helicon Value: $419
1 Bandzoogle Website: One-Year Standard Pkg. Value: $150
1 One Year TAXI Membership Value: $300
1 Disc Makers 100 CDs in Jackets with UPC CodeValue: $269
1 Sonoma Wire Works DrumCore 4 Prime Flash Value: $249
1 One Hour Consult with Ryan Gaughan Value: $ 25
1 Music Marketing for the DIY Musician by B. BorgValue: $ 30
1 Gauge ECM 87 Microphone Value: $149
1 Composer Catalog Music Organizational Tool Value: $ 79
1 Gauge ECM 80 Dynamic Vocal Mic Value: $129
1 FinalMix Suite of 8 Awesome Plugins Value: $162
Total Prize Package Bundle A Value: $2,110

Drawing Held During Ask TAXI Anything Panel
9:30am – 10:30am: Sunday in Grand Ballroom

1 Perform V from TC Helicon Value: $299
1 One Year TAXI Membership Value: $300
1 Voice Solo FX from TC Helicon Value: $412
1 Sonoma Wire Works StudioJack Mini Value: $149
1 Multiple Plugin Package from Westlake Pro Value: $500
1 Gauge ECM 80 Dynamic Vocal Mic Value: $129
1 FinalMix Suite of 8 Awesome Plugins Value: $162
1 Composer Catalog Music Organizational Tool Value: $ 79
Total Prize Package Bundle B Value: $2,179

Both of the above Grand Prize packages will be awarded using Twitter! You need to be in the ballroom at the time, and have Twitter ready to go on your mobile device. We will tell you what to Tweet and when. The first Tweet we see will win the prize!

Sunday, 5:15pm – 6:30pm: The Happy Ending Pitch Panel – Grand Ballroom Stage: Acoustic Guitar, Compliments of Michael Lloyd Est. Value: $400

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:26 pm

BTW, many other great door prizes will be given away at sponsor booths. Stop by the booths and sign up to win! All the info will be in a 45 page document you'll get in your goody bag. I hope people will actually read all the info in those pages! I know people hate to read, but there's a ton of important info in there that will make you Rally experience great.

Many of those docs are downloadable PDFs on this page:

http://www.taxi.com/taxi-road-rally-2016.html

Read them before you come, or read them on the plane! Angel has spent hundreds of hours gathering and organizing that info. And of course, every time we had a FINAL version of each doc, somebody cancelled, asked for a class time slot move, changed a class title, sent an updated bio, etc., etc. It's like a multi- layer chess game with live pieces on the board. 97 different speakers, 90 classes, 16 panels, 2 days of One-to-One Mentor sessions, two days of Mentor Lunches...

Only Angel, my wife, and I will ever fully understand how difficult her job has been. Hundreds of hours go into those documents. Read the docs, please!

ML

TheElement
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by TheElement » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:41 am

Michael you need a vacation after this. We all really appreciate all you do for us! Thanks! 8-)
Hollywood Music In Media Award Nominated Record Producer from The BahamasFacebook | Soundcloud

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:47 am

TheElement wrote:Michael you need a vacation after this. We all really appreciate all you do for us! Thanks! 8-)
Agreed! Thank you so much, Michael!
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

SteveK
Active
Active

Post by SteveK » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Michael,
From the bottom of my heart, thank you in creating TAXI, the opportunities with great listings, and the phenomenal Road Rally! I believe and have experienced, it is really like a second family, of which I consider a blessing.

It is to be my third consecutive rally. I come this year with a new mindset and I am returning home with a renewed work ethic!

Thank you again!

Steven
On TAXI TV, love and appreciate TAXI TV, my name PianoGuitarVocal

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:56 am

Michael. I could. not make the rally this year, but after reading. this post thank you for your. Gratitude.
Ron :)
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org