Very frustrated by this return...Y161218HS soca cue

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ShadowChasersMusic
Active
Active

Very frustrated by this return...Y161218HS soca cue

Post by ShadowChasersMusic » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm very frustrated by this return. I have only been with taxi two months and have several (i think 12) forwards so far--not a lot but like I said, just getting started. I felt that this was one of the strongest tracks I've made yet and more than supplied the elements asked for in the posting. The style and the production seem to be exactly on point with what the post asked for.

This was my screener's comment:

"Very cool track with good energy but the piece needed additional changes such as a C melody release section to add more contrast and dynamics overall. A little too one dimensional for these fitness routines."

- Reviewer 325

First of all, the song does have a C section, a distinct breakdown where the beat and melody drop out, and builds back up. Second, The post does not ask for additional compositional development, but asks for high energy dance soca music that will have people sweating. The track is exactly that and I stand by it.

Anyways, not much else to say, i just needed to get that off my chest. You can hear the track via this link and judge for yourself... https://soundcloud.com/user-467817493/f ... ornin-fete

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Very frustrated by this return...Y161218HS soca cue

Post by Casey H » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi Shadow ;)
Can you post the full listing text? I'm listening (nice energy!) and I think I get what the screener is saying but it's best to listen within the context of the full listing.

Best
:) Casey