Counting Chickens

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: mdc, admin, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Impressive
Impressive

Counting Chickens

Postby Telefunkin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Yes, I know you should never 'count your chickens before they're hatched', but I'm so happy about this that I have to thank Taxi in anticipation anyway.

I put a track together for this Taxi listing a few weeks ago....

INDUSTRIAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Los Angeles-based Music Library that's constantly pitching and getting cool placements in TV Shows, Films, and Commercials. They're searching for Cues in All Tempos that could be found on the same playlist as acts like, (but not limited to), Throbbing Gristle, Test Dept, Einsturzende Neubauten, etc., .............. Please submit Instrumental Cues with a mechanical, dissonant and industrial vibe. ....etc

It was a bit of departure for me, but I gave it a shot. I was most surprised to get a 'Forward' with the comment "You nailed that one". BUT......I was even more surprised to get an email within a few days from the LA library owner (well known around these parts I believe) with an offer to sign the track. I hope the signing comes off, but its further proof that Taxi gets material through to the right people, those who mere mortals like me would never get a chance to submit to under any other circumstances.

Since the offer I've also created a couple more similar tracks, in the hope that I'll be allowed to submit those directly too.

What a nice Christmas surprise. Gotta love Taxi! THANK YOU ALL! :D
Happy holiday to everyone!
Graham (UK)

I always wanted an edible canoe,
but you can't have your kayak and eat it too!
artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Counting Chickens

Postby artturner » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:53 pm

That's great news! Hope the deal is sealed soon!
Art Turner
Taxi
Soundcloud
Telefunkin
Impressive
Impressive

Postby Telefunkin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks Art,
However, I have to admit that I'm getting a bit worried about this one. I've heard no further word since I was informed that the company would like to sign the track if it is still available (and of course i said yes and provided my details). That was 3-4 weeks ago. I guess the holiday season could have delayed things, and I understand that things move either like lighting or hardly at all in this business. Maybe I jinxed it by 'counting those chickens' though. :?
Graham (UK)

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Postby VanderBoegh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Nice going, Graham! Way to take a chance and commit yourself to a new style, and to see quick success from it.

Don't be distraught over the timeline. Probably just busy and buried from the holidays on the other end. Give it another few weeks.

~~Matt
Telefunkin
Impressive
Impressive

Postby Telefunkin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:30 am

Thanks Matt!
Really appreciate the kind words. :D
Yes, I'm still hanging on to some hope.
Graham (UK)

Return to “TAXI Success Stories”