Drone forward and 2 returns

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Drone forward and 2 returns

Post by Soundbed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Returns are as educational as forwards, right? Maybe even more educational?

One thing I learned from this feedback and listing is that only certain parts of the a la references applied to the listing, even though they were not called out. "Detach" by Hanz Zimmer has sections in the 6:42 piece that should not be considered as a reference for the listing. This seems like a no-brainer, but I think the feedback I got below proves it. In some listings (like a recent dramedy listing) Taxi will call out which section of a YouTube clip to pay attention to; other times (like in this case) you have to learn how to make educated guesses on which parts they want, and which parts to ignore. :geek:

All 3 drone cues are on Soundcloud here:
https://soundcloud.com/soundbed/sets/ta ... -d170103dd
(Not sure how long I'll keep this playlist on Soundcloud. Sorry if it's been removed when you visit the link. You might look on my Taxi profile too, or elsewhere on my Soundcloud or website if for some reason I delete this playlist someday.)

Feedback --

RETURN: "Call To Charms" - "Cue would work better without the higher end synth string pads and other sound design type effects within piece." (Reason checked was "Music")
RETURN: "Blade Droner" - "Higher end synth string synth pads are very synthetic sounding and could be distractive to potential dialogue it would play over." (Reason checked was "Music")
FORWARD: "Emergence" - "Cue could work for this type of application."

Thank you, Listener #399!

LISTING
D170103DD

DARK, DRONEY SOUNDSCAPE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for $250 Buyouts (you’ll keep the Writer’s share) by a global Media Giant’s In-House Music Library for placements in their numerous TV Shows and online media. Please submit “drone-y,” atmospheric Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references: “Perihelion” by Atticus Ross & Trent Reznor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npFeMDdODi0 “Detach” by Hans Zimmer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urDJShcKJ60 “Reflection” by Johann Johannsson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOf6rLJ3XH0 Please submit subtle, textural Instrumental Cues with very little melodic movement, if any. Your Cues should have a “droning” quality that provides a moody soundscape with an ominous feeling. Let the instrumentation weave in and out to provide some motion to your piece. Your Cues can have faint, non-tonal elements like what you might hear in modern cinematic sound design. Sparse percussion can also be added, but remember, less is more. Simplicity and mood are the keys to this pitch. All submissions should be about 1:00 to 2:00 minutes in length (give or take), with Non-Faded endings. Genre-appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed. Note: We recently got very positive feedback from this company regarding the music we’ve sent them! Because they’re building an entire catalog from scratch, the wheels are turning somewhat slowly. But the word is they’re “loving” what TAXI is sending them! We have a good feeling that at some point in the New Year, a large number of Cues from TAXI members will be signed by this company! Be patient! This Exclusive In-House Library will pay an initial buyout fee of $250 for 100% of the Composition and Master rights. On top of the per track fee, you will also keep 100% of the Writer’s share of the publishing and make applicable performance income. This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the music you submit for this pitch CANNOT be signed with any other publishers or catalogs. Please submit 1-3 Instrumentals Online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a yes/no basis and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2017. TAXI #D170103DD
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Drone forward and 2 returns

Post by artturner » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Congrats for getting one through!

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Link doesn't work

TuKatz
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TuKatz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Yes, congratulations on getting the one through. I enjoyed all 3 of them, maybe with a little reworking the other 2 might fit in somewhere. Thank you for letting us listen to them.