First Forward of 2017

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

First Forward of 2017

Post by edmondredd » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 am

So there was this listing for an indie folk instrumental. Not my forte to be honest, but since trailer music is not showing much, and since I wanted to try a new genre, completely out of my reach, I gave this one a shot.
Aaaaand! I've got it forwarded :)
You can check it on my taxi page, and it's called "The Start of a Beautiful Thing" (last track of the list)
I hope that's a sign, as I am really struggling to get deals after the forwards..

INDIE FOLK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an internationally distributed Music Library. Give them Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that you’d hear on playlists where you’d find artists like: (but not limited to) Mumford & Sons, Phillip Phillips, Vance Joy, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following references to get in the stylistic wheelhouse of what they’re looking for:

“Home” By Phillip Phillips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoRkntoHkIE

“I Will Wait” Mumford & Sons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGKfrgqWcv0

“Riptide” Vance Joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ_1HMAGb4k

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.
Submit well-crafted, acoustic-based Instrumental Cues with great musicianship. Your Instrumentation should include organic acoustic instruments such as: (but not limited to) acoustic guitars, piano, fiddles, mandolins, foot stomps, handclaps, finger snaps, etc. You should build your Cue around a central melodic motif and build interest and forward momentum by adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as your Cue progresses to keep it from sounding too repetitive or linear. Stiff or MIDI-driven Cues won’t work for this pitch.

All submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length, with easy edit points and button/stinger endings. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced bands or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal, so please be sure the songs you submit to this pitch are NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher gets 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please submit one to three Instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, January 2nd, 2017.TAXI #Y170102IF
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Re: First Forward of 2017

Post by artturner » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 am

Wow, that's the way to bust into a new genre! Sounds great. I've haven't been able to hit that indie sound before, but listening to what you've done will make it easier next time. Thanks for sharing, and good luck!

p.s. I feel your pain on the deals...

SteveC
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveC » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi

big CONGRATS! Great track. Know that you are getting closer. Easy to get discouraged, I think we all go thru that. Just remember that you aren't alone, and good music, great music, will always find a home.

Keep writing, we're listening too!

best

st

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Thank you Art and Steve! I really appreciate the support!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image