Application for structured storing songs/compositions and keeping track of listings, contracts,...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

harom

Application for structured storing songs/compositions and keeping track of listings, contracts,...

Post by harom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:06 am

Hi!
A couple of months ago, being a new taxi-member, I asked whether there was a application that helps with the next tasks:
[*] register in a structured way all the useful information about your songs/compositions;
[*] quickly find those songs/compositions that meet the need of a (taxi) demand;
[*] follow up the status of (taxi)demands, contracts, ...

Having a ICT-background, I created an application in Microsoft-access that I use myself ( this was version 1.0).
I enhanced the application to a version that is easy to distribute and to update with later versions (this is version 2.0).
The application is completely free to use as long you respect the terms of use that are listed in the manual.

You are encouraged to register so I can
[*] inform you when I made a new version;
[*] keep track of the use of the application (kind of popularity-check :) ).

Having programming and database-creation as a hobby, I'm looking forward to any suggestions that can enhance the usability for you. So don't hesitate to give feedback or to ask extra functions. The ways you can do this are explained in the manual.

I'm also willing to import your existing song-data in the application when you can offer it in a structured way (spreadsheet,...). This may decrease the threshold to experiment with the application.

I hope you enjoy.

Download the zip-file "SongsLibApp v2.00.zip" from the next dropbox-folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7sa9r3j70u4 ... 6drda?dl=0. This zip-file contains all the necessary files.
Start with reading the "ReadMeFirst.txt". The manual "Manual SongsLibApp v2.0.pdf" explains in an approachable way (this was my intention) how to install and use the application. The installation will take a bit more time when you don't have Microsoft access installed on your computer. In this case you will have to install a free run-time version of Microsoft access first. The manual will give you step by step instructions.

Kind regards,
Hans