The dress is not mine..

Tell us about your studio and post some photos no matter how modest or robust it is!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: The dress is not mine..

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Nice and focused Paul (apart from the dress) ;)
By the way, I assume you upgraded to Cubase 9 recently (which I'm also considering from v8.5). If so, did your earlier Cubase projects (whatever version they were) open OK with all the factory plug-ins etc, so you could fully recall a mix? Some of the plugins have changed, so I'd be interested to know whether I'm in for any problems like that before I take the plunge.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks Paul, that's very useful to know about the projects opening OK. I was aware of the lack of 32-bit support and had wondered about J-bridge too, so it's also useful to know that it doesn't work. When I get round to it I'll be sad that there will be no more JB Barricade Pro limiter - my favourite free plug-in that I'm finding hard to replace with a 64-bit (especially a free one).

I would have upgraded earlier, but I'm still in a bit of a strop about it. Steinberg offered free upgrades for newly registered 8.5 users, but I missed the window by 10 DAYS! :x When I get over that I'm sure I'll upgrade. I really fancy using the new sampler.

Thanks again,
Graham.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

mrdtman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by mrdtman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 am

Cool setup Paul.

Beware of letting the Ms use your space for clothes...shoes will be next, lol ;)

DT