15 pieces of flare, screener 315?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

coxnvox
Impressive
Impressive

15 pieces of flare, screener 315?

Post by coxnvox » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:59 pm

You comment was: "Nice electro-foused (sic) musicianship and nice groove here. However, I'm not hearing enough (though there is some) emotionally fun attributes." My question is: How can we match a standard of what is "enough" in your mind? I listened to the reference tracks dozens of times. Then I composed this track based on what I had heard. I did so in a way that my 30 years of song production told me was musical and simple enough to match the genre. Could I have added more "ear candy'? Sure. I could have added a hundred more musical ideas, and they would have distracted from the fun and muddied the mix. The bottom line is: I feel like I met exactly what the listing was asking for, which is the thing that Michael REPEATEDLY tells us is the only standard. If you can give me any further direction as to why this song was not forwarded, I would be much appreciative. Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/kerry-cox-9/cake-pop-muffin-top

FUN POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for $500 placements in an Anime Cartoon. They’re looking for Bouncy, Youthful, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could work well for animated shows on Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, or Cartoon Network. Please listen to the following examples to get in the broad stylistic range of what they need: Glitter Force Songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltb7N0FaZK0 “Higher” By LoliRock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqcRNp5KL9s “Bubble Pop” By HyunA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j52NKxiqizw Although the references above have vocals, this pitch is for Instrumentals only. Please submit catchy, original Instrumental Cues that deliver a fun, youthful vibe with simple, straightforward melodies and a driving Pop beat. Emotionally upbeat, optimistic submissions will probably do best for this pitch. Stick with one mood and motif from beginning to end, while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as your Cue progresses will add dynamics and interest. Your Instrumentation can vary, but should generally be in the range/ballpark of the references above. Sprinkling in some playful sounding ear candy such as chimes, twinkles, and harps could help add some youthful character to your Cues. Speaking of youthful; you’ll probably do best if your music works for kids who have grown out of the My Little Pony age range, but are still in elementary school. All submissions should be at least 60 seconds long with easy edit points and natural, non-faded, buttoned endings. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine). This company is offering an EXCLUSIVE Deal with a $500 flat, all-in license fee. There are NO backend PRO royalties. You must own or control the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the music you submit for this pitch CANNOT be signed with any other publishers or catalogs. Please submit 1-3 Instrumental Cues Online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a yes/no basis – no full critiques – and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Wednesday, January 18th, 2017.TAXI # Y170118AK
Last edited by coxnvox on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Cox
coxnvox music, evergreen, co
Founder and CEO - Missional Score
MissionalScore.com

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 15 pieces of flare, screener 315?

Post by Onaginoffegin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm not familiar with this particular genre, but for TAXI members who are, it would be helpful if you posted the listing and included the reference tracks.

...Henry

coxnvox
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 15 pieces of flare, screener 315?

Post by coxnvox » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks, Henry. Corrected above.
James Cox
coxnvox music, evergreen, co
Founder and CEO - Missional Score
MissionalScore.com