Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Lipskimusic
Impressive
Impressive

Oh Come All Ye Faithful - Orchestral Listing

Post by Lipskimusic » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:16 am

Dear All,

I have got a couple of question regarding the below listing. The reference track is a vintage recording. Are they looking for a vintage sounding recording? They require a 'stinger ending' but did not say how long (how many choruses) they need. It seems the reference track includes 3-4 choruses. Can we therefore assume that is the approx. length they are looking for?

Please let me know your thoughts.
Cheers,
Matt

New Listing INSTRUMENTAL COVER VERSIONS of "O Come All Ye Faithful” are U-R-G-E-N-T-L-Y needed for a NON-Exclusive £2,000 GBP ($2,463.71 U.S.D.), Direct-to-Supervisor placement in a Big Budget Feature Film. They’re looking for a joyful, festive, Orchestral version that’s stylistically in the general ballpark of this reference the Music Supervisor gave us:

O, Come All Ye Faithful (starts at 14:16):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok6GUYs ... e=youtu.be

Please submit well-crated Instrumental Covers, with great musicianship of this well-liked Christmas Carol. Your submission should have a traditional, but emotionally upbeat feel, using instruments you’d find in most Christmas music such as: strings, sleigh bells, trumpets, flutes, hand bells, chimes, etc. You’d be smart to stick to the original melody so your cover is easily recognizable. Any material that sounds stiff, synthetic, or obviously MIDI-driven won’t work well for this pitch.

Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are needed. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, and overall feel/vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

Note: If your music is used in this film, you will be paid in GBP (Great British Pounds).

The estimated license fee for this placement is £2,000 GBP ($2,463.71 U.S.D.), depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Master Recording, plus you’ll also get 100% of the Master License Fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Master Recording to pitch for this opportunity. All Submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Instrumentals online or per CD no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Wednesday, February 1st, 2017. TAXI #U170201CV

Lipskimusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Oh Come All Ye Faithful - Orchestral Listing

Post by Lipskimusic » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks Paul!

That makes sense. Lately, I got a bit paranoid when it comes to the wording 'in the style of'. Looking at my forward/return ratio, I think the way the term 'style' is being used in listings is more related to the 'feel' of the music than e.g. similar chord progression, arrangement etc. I would even go as far as saying that the listings are not always written by musicians in the first place :)

There are obviously zillions of orchestral versions of "O come all ye faithful" out there and I am therefore not sure what 'style' they are looking for (if it is not a vintage sounding recording as the reference indicates).

Are they simply looking for another orchestral version of the tune (something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEsvt7N1okc)?

Cheers,
Matt