Getting Swampy Again

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Getting Swampy Again

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:44 pm

The track I had forwarded for the previous 'swampy' listing was forwarded again for the listing below (and the same other two were returned again :) )
The 'good' one is "Bottleneck Creek" on my page at..
http://www.taxi.com/GrahamAndrews

SWAMPY INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by the CEO of a NON-Exclusive Music Library that gets lots of placements in popular TV shows and Trailers. They're searching for Down-to-Mid Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:
Duck Dynasty (:20 to 1:21) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOpOrPK05to
"Swamp People" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79BB_FpSVI
"Swamp Blues" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw7gRASUD4g
Please submit Instrumental Cues that could be heard while traveling down the bayou or exploring the backwoods. Your Cues should have traditional, organic, backcountry Instrumentation such as Acoustic Guitar, Fiddle, Banjo, Slide Dobro, Harmonica, etc., etc., etc. Stick with one central melodic theme throughout and weave instrumentation in and out to add dynamics as your Cue progresses. Avoid anything that sounds too stiff, artificial, or obviously MIDI-driven, as that won't work well for this pitch. Be sure not to submit anything that sounds overly frenetic or busy, as it could distract from a scene's dialogue. Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long (give or take), with good edit points and Non-Faded/ Buttoned endings. ...... no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Saturday , March 4th, 2017. TAXI #S170304SI
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

waveheavy
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Getting Swampy Again

Post by waveheavy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:56 am

Like it too. Dreadnought acoustic guitar? or what?

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:42 am

Like it too. Dreadnought acoustic guitar? or what?
Thanks for the comment Dave, but its far from the ideal instrument for the job. I used a low-end slim-bodied Ovation (Celebrity I think), plastic back and all (and I can hear gasps of horror :lol: ). I was noodling around, but the mic was up (Rode NT1 straight into a Focusrite 2i4) and I got a sound I liked, so I went with it. The bottom end is missing, but my Taylor (that I intended to use) hadn't made it out of the case before I'd finished recording. A resonator is on 'the list' of even more stuff that I'd like but will probably rarely use so I'll only buy if its incredibly cheap.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

waveheavy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by waveheavy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 am

The Ovation is perfectly fine. I think that's what Steve Barden used for some of his swamp music that got used on Duck Dynasty. Paulie put up a notice of bids for some vintage stuff. One of the listings is a 1929 National steel guitar, but it needs the bridge re-worked; last bid was around $650. I'd love to have that. It's probably worth between $3,000 to $5,000 if it's fixed.

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

When I first heard this I thought it was a dobro! You did a great job and great playing too! Congratulations!

Linda C