Seeking songs for a demo CD

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stuartguthrieuk

Seeking songs for a demo CD

Post by stuartguthrieuk » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:53 pm

Hey all,My name is Stuart and I'm 21 years old and am looking to record a demo CD at the end of this year to send off to record companies. I have had professional vocal training and live performance experiences. The only probably is that I can't write music, I've tried but I really suck at it. I was wondering if anyone is willing to let me use their songs on my demo CD (I am interested in pop songs) and you'd get paid royalties if the song was released commercially. I'll also give you a copy of the song(s) when it/they are recorded. Please excuse me if I'm wrong but I don't know much about how the whole royalties thing works. I don't know whether or not this helps, but my favourite artists are: Jesse McCartney, Aaron Carter, Cher, Madonna and Michael Jackson. I love feel good pop! If you are interested, please e-mail me at stuartguthrieuk@yahoo.co.uk (please note: I'm based in Australia not the UK).Thanks,Stu

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Seeking songs for a demo CD

Post by nomiyah » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Hey Stuart,Lots of songwriters are happy to let singers demo their songs. Personally, I'd only let someone use my song if I thought their voice was great. But I can't tell if your voice is great because you don't have a demo. That's what you call a demo dilemna.Maybe you should record a couple of cover songs to show off your voice and then post those here. That way a songwriter could see whether they have a song that would fit. You'd also get a better response if you mention your career plans and opportunities. If you have talent and drive to succeed, you'll find songwriters eager to work with you. Hope this helps. Nomi

epister

Post by epister » Tue May 02, 2006 4:54 pm

Hey Stu,I'd be interested in helping you out - if my tunes and your vocal style are a good fit. Or at the very least, maybe I could use you as a demo singer on a couple of tracks, if that floats your boat!Here's a sample of one of my pop tunes that is probably in the vein of the artists you mentioned: http://www.eliotpister.com/playlist/Get ... Me.m3uI've got another mid-tempo pop tune in the works that I could let you hear if you want as well. Contact me personally rather than in this forum, if you wish, at info@eliotpister.com or 1-604-575-6286. I'm in Vancouver, Canada.Cheers!

fwrunner

Post by fwrunner » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi Stuart,

I'm a muti-genre songwriter looking for collaborations with talented singers/musicians.
I have a Song Promoter promoting my songs in Nashville, UK & Europe.

Here's my Revebnation link to check out my songs & songwriting style:
Kevin Nevel Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos - ReverbNation
www.reverbnation.com/httpcdbabycomcdkevinnevel

If you'd like to create great hit songs together e-mail me at: kevinnevel4@gmail.com

-Kevin

"Great songs only come from the heart"