submitting tracks

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

marvinfloyd

submitting tracks

Post by marvinfloyd » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 am

Hello all, I have heard recently that Taxi admin. is working a new feature where when sending material: rather than dismissing the track as not fitting the listing and it may be good enough for another use or placement, THEY DO JUST THAT... Am I dreaming or is this something that is going to happen...... My Point.... I'm sure we all have some good material, maybe not suited for a particular listing but good all the same.... I think it is the # 1 thing that gets our material returned, that is not fitting the listing....... That new feature will be the best thing to happen for taxi members in a long time! What do you think?.. By the way... I have had 163 forwards as of 3/11/2017 with 12 contracts with libraries and or publishers... marvin

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: submitting tracks

Post by Telefunkin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi Marvin,
I've not heard anyone else mention such an idea, but it would be very interesting. It might encourage members to submit loads of tracks, even when not appropriate for a listing, in the hope of getting 'in' for some other opportunity though. Would it include all past (but still open) listings as well as current ones? What if a new listing came in that was a great match just after screening? How would all screeners know how to match all criteria for all listings? At what point in time would screeners stop trying to match opportunities with tracks? Would it mean that screeners would effectively be employed as agents for member's tracks ('track pluggers')? Somehow, it seems unlikely to me, but maybe someone at Taxi has thought it all out much better than I have. It would certainly be an interesting development.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Re: submitting tracks

Post by mojobone » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeah, I don't see that happening, and for exactly the reasons Telefunkin laid out, but in a manner of speaking, it does already, but only sometimes in some situations; a screener working in some other capacity might happen to remember your track, and pitch it; ML himself admits to having done this, on occasion, but it's more the exception than the rule.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone