Taxi Friends Collab forward (song #2)

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Taxi Friends Collab forward (song #2)

Post by Soundbed » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Following our first forward here's our second submission, called "Talk To Me" - this is an "alternate mix" because we knew the song could go a couple directions ... for this version, I did all this instrumentation and this final mix. Jonathan Carlile also made a separate mix with separate instrumentation; both versions got forwarded (same Taxi screener)!

The song (lyrics, melody and chord structure) was written by Michelle McKibbon.

Listen to "Talk To Me" at the bottom of this page in the section labelled "Domestic Disturbance" (our collaborative band name, hehe).

EDIT: It's not pizzicato, or a banjo... the sound heard in the intro and throughout are col legno strings samples!

Listing:

ORIGINAL SONGS with Male or Female Vocals in ALL Genres, and from ANY Era are needed for a $20,000, Direct-to-Ad-Agency placement in a TV Commercial. They’re specifically looking for Mid-To-Up-Tempo Songs with lyric themes about communication, talking, speaking, listening, etc. We suspect this is for a commercial for a communications company like AT&T or Verizon, but that’s only an educated guess! Please listen to the examples below, but note that these are just a few of the hundreds of examples we could have used as references. In other words, don’t listen to these examples and think, “I’ve got to send them songs like those examples.” You don’t!!
“Talk That Talk” by Rihanna ft. Jay-Z
“Something To Talk About” by Bonnie Raitt
“Everybody’s Talkin” by Harry Nilsson
“Talk-Talk” by Talk -Talk
“Call Me” by Blondie
“Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen
Please send emotionally upbeat, optimistic, engaging songs about talking, communicating, getting in touch with somebody, hearing, listening, reaching out, etc., in genres like: Singer/Songwriter, Pop, Soul, R&B, Indie Rock, EDM, Reggae, Electronic, Country, or Hip Hop. That’s not an exhaustive list of genres, so put your thinking cap on and get creative. Please avoid dark or depressing songs. Advertisers generally don’t like those!
Do your best to keep your lyrics on the universal side, avoiding specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced acts or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a very broad and general guide for the range of possible tempos, textures, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).
Note: The people screening this at TAXI are well versed in the types of commercials this particular company produces, and ultimately they will be judging these submissions largely on “gut.” They will be asking themselves, “Does this sound like something a super cool, trend-setting Ad Agency would use in a TV spot?” The screeners may give you feedback on other aspects of your song. But, please don’t think that because they told you the guitar is too loud or the vocal is a little pitchy, that that’s necessarily the main reason your song didn’t get forwarded. It’s just extra feedback.
The estimated license fee is $20,000, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Direct-to-Ad-Agency pitch. You’ll keep all ownership of the Copyright and Master Recording, but you won’t be able to license your song for any other Commercials for the duration of the term of agreement, which will be determined by the Ad Agency and you. You must own or control 100% of the Master and Composition rights to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD. All songs will be screened by a TAXI A&R person who was hand-picked by the Ad Agency! All submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), Saturday, December 10, 2016. TAXI #U161210CS
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Taxi Friends Collab forward (song #2)

Post by Russell Landwehr » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Congrats!

I would love to listen to it, but it's kind of a pain to try to follow your treasure map. It's much more convenient for us if you just post the direct soundcloud link to the piece in question.

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

SteveC
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Taxi Friends Collab forward (song #2)

Post by SteveC » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi Nathan,

congrats on the forward !!

best

st