Taxi Newsletter, Co-writers , Road Rally = Signed tune!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Taxi Newsletter, Co-writers , Road Rally = Signed tune!

Post by bmete » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Ok, a long title but here's the story....

2012- Ryan ( Mete) and I started working on a tune... tune drifts into limbo- not sure of it's direction, 2 verses, no chorus ..stumped project shelved...

2015- Taxi mentions some of my recent successes in their newsletter-- a new to Taxi member named Mattie Fuller sees it, and drops me an e-mail about possible getting together to chat about Taxi and writing for TV/Film. The best part is he lives 10 miles from me..
Before we get together I listen to his Taxi page and like what he's doing. The light bulb goes off, see if he wants to work on this project with Ryan and me.
Great opportunity to get it off the shelf.

Mattie and I get together and we talk for hours... chemistry is good.... I play him what we have on the song. he accepts... takes the partial lyrics , and music bed , and is off to add his touch to the song.

A couple of weeks later he sends me a scratch recording.... not bad, Ryan and I love what he's added to the tune..
A couple of weeks after that he's in my studio laying down the vocal and guitar parts.....
I then add the piano,
We have a piano guitar vocal demo at this point...

Ryan ,Mattie & I meet up at the Rally to discuss it further.

Mattie has a one on one mentoring session with the amazing Dean Krippaehne . Dean likes the tune, has a question about the title ( he suggests Try Again, ( much better than my "Title Running from my heart" Especially after Ryan came out of one of Jason Blumes classes telling us we got to change the title.

Dean's suggestion is perfect we love it ... The song is now "Try Again"..
A little time passes with, Holiday's ,travel ,deadlines etc.
Demo is off to Ryan's studio for him to lay down the drums and bass.

mix come back to me, for the final miix
we bounce it around, after four mix versions and we go final...

Long story but we are so proud of the tune and especially being that it was just signed by a very friendly Taxi Library in LA.....

Although Ryan, Mattie and I made the song, Taxi was a big part of providing many avenues for us to take to make this happen.

Try Again
https://soundcloud.com/redd-productions ... uller-mete

Bob Mete
Mattie Fuller
Ryan Mete

nylyrics
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Taxi Newsletter, Co-writers , Road Rally = Signed tune

Post by nylyrics » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Bob -

Great story. Sweet song. Love this kind of stuff.

Andy