Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jonathansorensen
Impressive
Impressive

Re: One piece of gear

Post by jonathansorensen » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Distressor EL8-X!
Punchy,warm, amazing clean fast response as well as colored response. Plus super cool big knobs that are a clear indicator of gear quality ;-)

Jon

JAMRecording
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JAMRecording » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 pm

I have to say our Protools HD system. Once we got that everything changed. All the tracks and DSP I need and then some. Only downside is the impending upgrade looming in the future. Not looking forward to that at all.

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by wta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 pm

As far as software goes for the most part all the recording software it seems to me is about the same as well as most dsp give or take for what I need except my IK T-Rack Deluxe in my master bus, man that polishes the tracks off like nothing I've heard but being a guitar based recording artists my Mesa Rectifer Recording Preamp has to take top slot, INCREDIBLE tone from the clean to pushed clean to vintage rock to modern rock all DIed to the daw. I loaded mine with vintage tubes so it's untouchable for tone and I can record in the middle of the night 6' from my wife sleeping and not note is heard. It's actually a Dual Rectifier with DI and Speaker Sim Out, if you couple it with the Mesa 2:100W power amp it turns into a Stereo Dual Rectifer 100w a side.
Music is like oxygen, you can live without it but not for very long...
http://www.withcriminalintent.com
http://www.williamthomasanderson.com

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TimWalter » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:45 am

I'm still pretty much a newbie to this recording stuff, but my EZ Drummer is my only source of drums and I use it on most ever track. I found the EZ DRUmmer 2 to be to EZ Drummer 1 like Texting is to handwriting a note and mailing it.... it shouldnt even be called the same program.

I printed out this thread... so many items litsted I am not familiar with. As usual, Taxi Forum is a goldmine of info. Thank you all for sharing.

Tim
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com

Geno
Active
Active

Post by Geno » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Hardware - Apollo Duo, Software - Komplete Ultimate