Do you have a lyric for this? want to colab?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jcapp88
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Do you have a lyric for this? want to colab?

Post by jcapp88 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi,
I'm a graduate of Songwriting(includes lyrics) from Berklee College of Music. Send me an e-mail at jcapalbo@berklee.edu and we can work together. Talk to you soon!

Joe

HowardBHC
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowardBHC » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 am

Broken link. :o

lucis
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lucis » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:25 am

:roll: Hi Howard.....thanks for your interest. However I put that call out over 6 weeks ago and I wrote a lyric soon after the posting and finished that song about 7 -10 days later i think, so I took down the old version.

FYI here is a link to the completed song :
https://soundcloud.com/lucis-starling/i ... -given-you.

I didn't take the production down an EDM route though 'cos to my ears the original piano based motif was very romantic ! ...I think I'd call the production an Adult Contemporary Pop ballad ala NO ONE I CAN THINK OF !! ...and this is not a good thing for TAXI pitching !! but hey I'll write another one that's specifically for a listing. This one turned out to be for me so far I guess, although I use my grasp of the craft to write it in what seems to me to be a universal lyric but the music seems to be too personal and not like what I hear on Billboard or BDS Radio charts . :roll: :|

Good luck with your own writing and submissions. Let me know if you need anything you think I can offer to strengthen any thing you are working on.

Best to you

Lucis.

HowardBHC
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowardBHC » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:51 pm

No worries, Lucis - was just interested to see what came of the collab or what the potential track was. Thanks for the repost.

Hey FYI - I think you need to change the link to your taxi page in your signature. The way it is currently set takes me to my own page ( as it will everyone else who's logged in ).

So others can hit your correct taxi page - you need to set it up as www. Taxi.com/yourtaxinamegoeshere

Example - www.taxi.com/bluehousecollective (that's me :D )

lucis
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re:

Post by lucis » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:14 am

:oops: Hey thanks for the correction/tip Howard :D much obliged ! ...now all I have to do is figure out how to change the signature and where the "UCP" is ! :? ...oh right ! User Control Panel...

and then I'll take some time and give your work a listen.

:geek:

Lucis

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 am

that turned out pretty cool Lucis.

I might look at putting the voice down in level a db or 2. and doubling the trumpet at 1:43 with some kinda synth texture so its not quite so sampled sounding.

cool and different. happy holidays.

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Hey Lucis, great to see you here !

It's good to hear the completed version of the song - I like the way it flows right through, even though the pace alters slightly here and there, kinda.

We met, you and I, at one of IMROs seminars in Dublin, not sure if you remember. I think it was when Martin Sutton was talking about songwriting and his process. A great lecture, quite useful.

Take care and enjoy the thunder :lol:
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |