Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Got My 2nd Road Rally Under My Belt...

Post by Razor7Music » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Hello Everyone!

I think at my first Road Rally a year ago it was like a kid's first time at Disneyland. Everything is exactly what you want/need and the high of everything so valuable and new lasts for months.

This past Road Rally I was more like a laser guided missile. I had objectives of what I wanted to accomplish so that I took advantage of every moment I was there. Yeah, sure there is a lot of review, but until I can say I've mastered all that I've learned through much practice, there's nothing wrong with review and new perspectives on tried and true skills that help mold your craft.

There was something that just hit me at this last Road Rally though...and it had to do with recording. As important as it is for a good performance during a recording session, what really matters most, what makes your songs magic, is when you capture that moment in time when the emotion is there so much that the listener can feel it. That's the single most important thing I took with me from this last Road Rally. (BTW--it was in Fett's class). I have to remember that as the 'performer' recording myself--I need to "feel it".

Anyway, I wish I'd met more of you, but I was taking off at the end of the day to get home for din din with the fam. I met a lot of new friends, and got to meet Andy--so it was all good.

I know it's near impossible to single out, but what was that ah ha! moment you had at the RR?
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Got My 2nd Road Rally Under My Belt...

Post by bobporri » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 pm

This was my first Road Rally, and you absolutely echoed some of my thoughts. You just can't do everything (like all the classes) and meet everyone, even though you'd like to.

To answer the question you asked at the end of your post, the accessibility of other members, many mentors and instructors, especially in the lounge after hours was of huge importance to me.

Bob P.