My First Rally Review

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TCTmusic

My First Rally Review

Post by TCTmusic » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:55 am

Hey to all my new friends, mentors and teachers,
This was my first Road Rally and although I am living in my car and starting over from scratch, this was the right choice. To meet Michael and shake his hand and find out he lived in my home town while working at Criteria made me feel at home. Volunteering was a definite plus for me because the time to network and meet the crew was important as I rushed from class to class attempting to absorb all I could from the classes left me wanting to retire early to my room. I did stay up too late Saturday night but had fun playing the ukulele and meeting some great new friends from Nashville, Chicago, Australia, and more.
Thanks for all the hand shakes and kind words for my Thursday night open mic performance of "Gonna Get Discovered" if you missed it I leaped off the stage and did a split at the end of the song and I appreciate you all clapping along! And thanks for working me into the last night's open mic in the Theater when the Grand ballroom surprisingly got booked up way early.
To meet Rob Chiarelli and get a mentor session with him was really cool and his session from Demo to Done was very insightful and made me realize I am jsut like him only not quite as experienced at it yet. To get to see his choices and the way he thinks while producing a session was very helpful to me and I am sure all esle in the room.To meet Robyn Frederick and Ralph Murphy and have them sign their books and give advise first hand was priceless to me as well as all the other great techers and mentors too many to list. I learned so much and can't wait to get set up in my new location and get back to work, wherever that is I don't know yet. Looking around Southern CA LA or San Diego right now but ready to go to Nashville or on tour at the drop of a hat, collaborate and allow my talents to pay off.
Huge gamble for me financially but also a huge investment in my music career which I know will pay off. I felt at home with almost everyone I met in the Taxi family and staff and everyone was helpful in some way.
Michael really is one of the good guys in the business and Taxi really does care about improving the members chances of success.
Thanks for a great Road Rally 2013!
PS anyone with immediate employment or booking opportunities please contact me asap!
TC Tye