First Rally...humbled and inspired

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

First Rally...humbled and inspired

Post by TimWalter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Made it to my first rally, and met a few of the Forum regulars.. Now I wish I had worked harder to meet more of you.. but already planning on 2014 and will make more and better efforts to be even more socially active and meet more of you all.

It was more than I had expected, all in a very good way.

My takeaway can be summarized in two words: humbled and inspired. Humbled because I actually realized how much farther I need to go/progress/improve to start getting success (i.e forwards and hopefully deals some day). After my one-on-one mentor session, to be honest I was quite discouraged, and for a few hours I was thinking about what would be the best way to sell all the gear I have accumulated and get out of music. But, after attending a few breakout sessions, and I kept hearing "never quit, never give up, keep making music", (must have heard it 20 times over the weekend from folks presenting), I got over that. So, that's where the "inspired" part came from. I'm now very inspired to make music, even if it never goes beyond that. So thank you Michael and all the presenters and other taxi members. I must admit, the "life changing" moniker that Michael had used to describe what some taxi members have said about the Rally is and can be accurate. Feeling priveleged to be a member of this organization. Tim
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: First Rally...humbled and inspired

Post by andygabrys » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:38 pm

hey don't sell the gear!! (uh how much you want for those preamps.....JK).

my first rally was the same 2 yrs ago. I felt kinda destroyed after meeting with my mentor. but I also realized afterwards that I had a not so transparent agenda to have that mentor walk away with my CD and sign me and then the next step would be paying off my Lamborghini and that house in Beverly Hills. lol.

so you learn a lot every time.

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First Rally...humbled and inspired

Post by TimWalter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Andy.. lol...

Surprised (and encouraged to hear) you went thru a similar thing your first rally... you seem so together today....seriously.. I've listened to a number of your songs and always impressed.

thanks for sharing. Tim
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com