From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

simonaradu
Active
Active

Great first RR / LLA / question

Post by simonaradu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Hello all,

I'm happy I got to meet many of you at my first Road Rally... the trip from Romania to L.A. was totally worth it!
I learned a lot and made some great friends, surely to become great collaborators in the future.

I also met Michael Laskow, it was an honor to shake his hand and talk to the man who made this all possible... he called me "Miss Romania". :)
But the highlight of my first Road Rally was the "Live feedback Master Class" with Michael Lloyd. A very nice guy attending the class gave me HIS PLACE when he was chosen to bring his cd to the front... so by this twist of fate, my song LLA got to be played and critiqued by Michael Lloyd. And even though the song was in Romanian, it received the appreciation of Michael Lloyd and the audience (a big "thank you" to all of you being in the Theater that day). Michael asked me to leave my cd there, along with the English lyrics sheet, saying he'll take a look at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01B3xhZtIes

After the class, Michael asked if I'm gonna record an English version of the song, I said Yes, and then he told me to send it to him through Taxi, as soon as I record it.
So before I left US, I called Taxi, told them the story and asked how I should proceed in order to send M.L. this English version, once I have it done. The answer was: Sorry, we don't do things like that, you should send the song directly to him.
But he didn't give me any contact information... so now I'm a bit confused. Cause I can't find any relevant contact information online, as expected.

My question is, what should I do now? Have you ever been in a situation like mine? I don't want this fairytale to end... not like this!

Thank you,
Simona

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Great first RR / LLA / question

Post by davewalton » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:02 pm

I think there might be a mixup from the Taxi end of things, that maybe they didn't really understand the situation and that you got what would normally be "the standard answer". Other than Michael Laskow himself, it may be that nobody is really authorized to send music on in this way. I'd contact Taxi again explaining the situation and and ask that your email or message be directly forwarded to Michael Laskow so that any request from Michael Lloyd to send your music to him through Taxi can be done personally by Michael Laskow, probably the only guy that can really do that.

Robtoons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Robtoons » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi again!
I was sitting next to you and Nathan in that session. That was awesome! You must have been pumped up beyond belief after that!

I think someone will be able to sort this communication thing out, I wouldn't hesitate to call and/or e-mail again.
Anyhow, glad to see you here and best of luck!
Cheers- Rob

simonaradu
Active
Active

Post by simonaradu » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Thank you guys, I appreciate your feedback so much... I will try to contact Taxi again, maybe the second time I'll get lucky! :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi there "Miss Romania" :) We'll take care of it, but as you might imagine, we get lots of people telling us "stories" about meeting this person or that at the Rally, and it's hard to know which are true, and which are manipulation. You have honest eyes, and I trust you. Send it to my attention, and I'll give it to Michael Lloyd at our next dinner with the wives. We're overdue, so I think I'll get it to him by mid December. Sorry that my staff told you that, but you'd be shocked by how many special favors we get asked for after the Rally. It really IS hard to know what's real, and what's not. We've been burned too many times trying to be helpful.

Thanks for coming all the way from Romania. I really hope we made it worth the time and expense!

Warmest,
Michael

simonaradu
Active
Active

Post by simonaradu » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Wow, this is really a fairytale, after all! :)
Thank you very much, Michael, for taking the time to answer my question and for putting your trust in me. I will send you the track as soon as it's done.
And yes, it was more than worth it to come to L.A., it was an amazing experience and I hope I can do it again next year!

Thank you once more,
Simona

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by kclements » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:28 am

THIS is why Taxi is so great!!

cheers -
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud