Here’s Why You Should Convert Your Music To 432 Hz

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Curtsong
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Here’s Why You Should Convert Your Music To 432 Hz

Post by Curtsong » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 am

It would be fun to experiment with. Though, would lead to a lonely musical status. Not many would want to change with you.
Scott Curts
http://www.taxi.com/scottcurts
http://www.scottcurts.com

"Nothing happens until something moves" ~ Einstein

Curtsong
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Curtsong » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 am

It would be fun to experiment with. Though, would lead to a lonely musical status. Not many would want to change with you.
Scott Curts
http://www.taxi.com/scottcurts
http://www.scottcurts.com

"Nothing happens until something moves" ~ Einstein

stevetwosheds
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by stevetwosheds » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:08 am

Nerd time again...

It would be nice for Nikola Tesla to be remembered for his REAL contributions to the modern world we all benefit from now - AC Power being the main one, Edison fighting to STOP AC in favour if his own, impractical DC system.

Edison was my childhood hero (nerdy kid!) until I saw him slowly electrocuting an elephant with smoke/steam coming off it's feet, just to prove Tesla "wrong", make AC seem more dangerous than his own preferred DC system. - Or so is my understanding. Hope I'm not distorting the story but this is how I recall it. It seemed ridiculously cruel and he went DOWN in my estimation for that alone.

AC allows us to transmit power over very long distances with minimal losses and fewer power stations. Industry wouldn't be the same without three phase AC driving most of the induction motors. It's hard to imagine a world without AC power (What would Angus and Malcolm Young have called their band?! DCDC?)

But seriously, it's scary to think if Edison had his way on this and Tesla hadn't fought - The world would be very different with only DC power because you can't transmit it far, so they reckon we'd need a power station every square mile or so - Being able to transform to 475,000V if I recall correctly here in the UK, is a massive advantage in lowered conductor size, expensive copper or alluminium mainly.

But I've since heard he also had all the patents for radio that marconi relied on? Hmm. Tesla seems like one hell of a ripped off guy, vastly under-appreciated and Edison a little over-appreciated considering some of the unfortunate facts, like all the other people who'd also created incandescent light bulbs, albeit not as good ...

... But after I heard how he treated Tesla, the guy we ALL owe a lot to, I can't forgive edison. Tesla died forgotten and in relative poverty (not so sure about that seeing as he lived in a hotel ... but so the story goes) - went a bit mad, talking to just one pigeon regularly.

But he was the real hero, if you enjoy having an electricity supply without a power station nearby.

Side-note ... Can't find it now but years ago I heard a quote from edison where he said of the phonograph, that he could see no conceivable use for it!!!

Seems to have been wrong a little more than is generally advertised.

440 vs 432 - Oh it does my head in tryna figure out whether various boxes really are in tune with one another. Until recently I thought there was only one standard - 440 - I didn't QUITE follow where Tesla figured in this. How did 432 come about - I'll google it.

Now why was I looking for Tesla/Edison quotes on a songwriting forum?? I've forgotten!

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:27 am

It's maybe how history always seems to exalt the worst and marginalize the best? :? :o ;) :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

fuzzbox
Impressive
Impressive

Post by fuzzbox » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:54 am

I could get the link to work! Is it still responding to you/anyone? :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

All You Need Is Ears - Sir George Martin
The music is not in the notes, but in the silence betweenWolfgang Amadeus Mozart

cardell
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cardell » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:49 pm

This is a topic I am quite familiar with!

I've done a bunch of tracks @ 432Hz & even performed on more that one person's album at this tuning. Generally speaking, I've found that 'New Age' musicians are more inclined to be aware of this issue.

Only for those on this thread that are interested in this topic (not trying to convince anyone of anything here):
http://www.audioease.com/IR/VenuePages/giza.html

Stuart
Cardell Music
Image Image
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

cardell
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cardell » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:53 pm

stevetwosheds wrote:Edison was my childhood hero (nerdy kid!) until I saw him slowly electrocuting an elephant with smoke/steam coming off it's feet, just to prove Tesla "wrong", make AC seem more dangerous than his own preferred DC system. - Or so is my understanding. Hope I'm not distorting the story but this is how I recall it. It seemed ridiculously cruel and he went DOWN in my estimation for that alone.
I saw that elephant video on YouTube....heartbreaking... :-(

Stuart
Cardell Music
Image Image
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

stevetwosheds
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by stevetwosheds » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Thanks Stuart -

so it wasn't just me going mad then, remembering things that never happened (re elephant video) - I wouldn't like anyone to have to see that or the many other unfortunate things that humans sometimes do just because they can - things that I can't imagine any animal doing to another sentient being even if they had the "intellect".

BTW, I especially like that quote ... “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

I wish it were likely to happen - Power does seem strangely addictive and equally strangely, people seem to love PUTTING someone in power, seem to need a figure-head to live through - and can be incredibly forgiving when that figurehead turns out to be a raving lunatic.

Steve