Looking for killer male singer for contemporary piece!

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

magiceraser

Looking for killer male singer for contemporary piece!

Post by magiceraser » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14 am

I have had nothing but positive feedback on this tune and I believe it's a million dollar song, however, I need help with restructuring the piece and I need a killer singer to finally sell it!
I originally put the track together quickly in a studio and the production wasn't the way I intended (couldn't afford a symphony) so I am in the middle of re-working the song (now that I have software to properly imitate a more symphony (David Foster) approach. The original song was also to long so I am looking at cutting it back to 4 minutes and would love suggestions. I have also received a great review and good suggestions from a Taxi critique.
Since I couldn't find a singer locally I used Studio Pros and I am not happy with the outcome. His voice is pitchy at times and lacks the passion needed to sell this song.
I need someone who BELIEVES in this piece. If you listen and don't care for it, and/or don't HEAR what I am hearing then this collaboration is not for you. I am willing to do a 50/50 split on any licensing agreement.
Hope I can find you out there!!!! The song is called "So much I miss you"
Go to www.taxi.com/paulbelair

Thanks!!!!!

VeniceBruce

Re: Looking for killer male singer for contemporary piece!

Post by VeniceBruce » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:57 am

Paul, you are right, "So Much I Miss You" is a great song with a solid hook, yet there is room for tightening it up to reach the 4-minute length you need. Once it is shortened, the audience will never know!

I wanted to send an example of a folk-rock balled I penned and sang some time ago and shortened from 6 to 4 minutes (time limit for a songwriting competition I entered with my band in my hometown of Venice, Italy... We came in 3rd out of 80 groups)
We cut out a killer guitar solo and a reiterated verse, but I bet you won't notice when you listen to "One More Time" at http://www.taxi.com/bruceboreham
(The Taxi Forum does not allow mp3 files to be attached for some reason, and other formats exceed their 2MB size limit for posting attachments.)

A deeply emotional song such as yours has personal references which are clear for you but may be obscure for most listeners. I'd be glad to work on that together and contribute with a knack for lyrics and a passionate, versatile voice capable of striking home.
thanks,
Bruce Wilson "Sky" Boreham