Return thoughts from a new member

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Warmchordmusic

Return thoughts from a new member

Post by Warmchordmusic » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:51 am

So as a new member, I pitched one of my songs to several listings (one by accident) and though they were returned, I was pleasantly surprised with the feedback. First off, I wrote and released the song a month prior to joining Taxi, so I knew I was going to get returns on some of the listings. I just wanted to get some feedback and hopefully some encouragement. I was pretty close to being forwarded on a couple of the listings, but didn't because it didn't hit on ALL of the things being asked for. The song itself, musicianship, and recording quality was all good. Therefore, I'm feeling like "hey, once I start writing for listings and really focus on what they're asking for," I'll have a better chance than I thought of getting forwarded. All the comments I got were clear and constructive. After years of watching American Idol, I was almost ready for someone to say, "dude, this just isn't good enough dawg." Instead, I got some compliments and constructive criticism at the same time. Each screener had a different way of putting things, but overall my experience has been positive thus far.
Jay Croft
Warm Chord Music