Struggling with this listing...

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brianleewheat
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Struggling with this listing...

Post by brianleewheat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:43 am

Anybody have examples they would like to share for this listing? I am struggling with combining the laid back style of hip hop with aggressive anthem attitude needed for sports. I listened to a few of the reference artists tracks but the ones I found didn't help much. I also haven't been able to find any shows that use this style. Any feedback/advice appreciated!

UPTEMPO, AGGRESSIVE, CONTEMPORARY HIP HOP INSTRUMENTALS are needed by the Music Supervisor of a Sports related TV network for a number of different high energy shows. He needs anthemic Songs that would be heard on the same radio station as Kanye West, Jay Z, Big Sean, etc. Quoting the source: "The energy of the tracks should coincide with the thrill of victory, competition, and elevate to a level that will pump-up a crowd. Adding elements to the mix, like an aggressive Rock guitar, to bump up the power level will definitely work." Beats need to be current, cutting edge, and competitive with today's Hip Hop Styles. You must own or control 100% of the Master and Copyright. This is Direct-to-Music Supervisor, so you'll keep 100% of all your Master and Publishing rights, plus 100% of any applicable sync fees performance royalties! Broadcast quality is needed (great home recordings are fine). Do not copy or rip off the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artist's, songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Please submit one to three instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Thursday, January 9, 2014. TAXI #S140109HH

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Struggling with this listing...

Post by daveydad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Sorry Brian! You're braver than me! I am clueless!

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 pm

johncolumbo
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johncolumbo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:28 pm

That's a very helpful reference Andy, thanks. I might try this one now that I've listened to that.

Thanks for asking for help Brian, good luck!
John Columbo
http://johncolumbo.com
http://www.taxi.com/johncolumbo
http://soundcloud.com/johncolumbo
It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish. JRR Tolkien