GEneral question on "TV Commercial Friendly" listing...

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

GEneral question on "TV Commercial Friendly" listing...

Post by CHuckmott » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:39 pm

This one: CONTEMPORARY, TV COMMERCIAL-FRIENDLY, ALT ROCK to INDIE ROCK INSTRUMENTALS in the general stylistic ballpark of songs like "On Top Of The World" by Imagine Dragons, "Come Alive" by Tim Myers, "Best Day Of My Life" by American Authors, etc., are needed by a HUGE, world-class Film/TV Music Publisher with placements in tons of the biggest Films, TV shows, and Commercials out there. They need Mid-to-Up Tempo Instrumentals Tracks that are emotionally uplifting, inspirational, and have an obvious hopeful and light-hearted vibe. Your Instrumentals need to build and not remain too stagnant or linear. Be sure your submissions are current sounding, and aren't too heavy or overbearing. Do not copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, and tone. This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. You must own or control 100% of your master and composition rights. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Instrumental presentation must be top-notch! Please submit one to three Instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than Monday, February 3, 2014. TAXI #Y140203AR

I'm assuming for this listen 60 secs is a good rule of thumb (assuming 60 secs tv spot with possible edit for a 30), or in general is longer OK? Or more to the point is keeping it to max 60 secs preferable?

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: GEneral question on "TV Commercial Friendly" listing...

Post by daveydad » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 am

Chuck, I too wish they would state a time minimum. If it's not stated, I usually go for at least 60 seconds.

JonBHC
Active
Active

Post by JonBHC » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:47 am

1 minute or less sounds like a cue, 2-2:30 minutes is probably better for that Imagine Dragons ad stuff. That gives enough time for an intros, bridges etc.

I actually did this listing, mine came out to 2:29.

Is your track up somewhere? I would like to hear it.

jb

https://soundcloud.com/jon-browning-bhc/her-island

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:07 pm

I did two. This one: https://soundcloud.com/chuck-mott/try-this-at-home

And this one, already written , thought I'd roll the dice on it. https://soundcloud.com/chuck-mott/this-romance

Did I comment on yours in Peer To Peer? Sounds familiar..........