IK Multimedia sale going on

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: IK Multimedia sale going on

Post by bobporri » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:47 pm

remmet wrote:I sprang for this a couple of days ago. I got the Fender (which is great), the Orange, the Hendrix, and the Ampeg, none of which I've used yet. With my discount points, or whatever they're called, the whole thing came to only $79. Quite an amazing deal!

R
If a 4th freebie is added, be sure to make it the Slash one just because the only other is the Metal one and as I mentioned above it is totally contained in Amplitube 3 already. Wait until you dig into Orange. Very sweet!, pun intended.

Have fun.

Bob P.

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 am

Thanks for posting Bob. Worthy additions if you already own Amplitube? Or unnecessary , in people's opinion? (That said, a nice bass modeling software would be great). Personally looks like a no brainer to me. Great

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 am

CHuckmott wrote:Thanks for posting Bob. Worthy additions if you already own Amplitube? Or unnecessary , in people's opinion? (That said, a nice bass modeling software would be great). Personally looks like a no brainer to me. Great
I've a/b'ed The Ampeg pack against a real Ampeg amp, and I found there was no reason to own a bass amp for recording. It's that good, imo.

The Fender and Orange bundles outshines the ones in Amplitube, imo. It's like they added another dimension to the modelling. Especially the Orange. So, it's a no brainer sale for some of the best ampmodelling stuff you can buy, if you use software for recording guitars.
Ceo of my own life

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:00 am

Call me convinced. Regarding the realism being not an issue, I came to the same conclusion months ago with Amplitube partly with help in the forums, the amp modeling is close enough in Amplitube that when you weigh in the number of options and convenience is a no brainer. Have not mic'd an amp since.

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:39 am

Chuck,

What Magne said about Orange is right. Fender too but I find myself turning to those Orange amps a lot now. Funny that many of them seem close to each other when you first play them, but going back later in different styles, I'm finding some shine in their own ways if various styles. They're all very cool. I'm sure I'll find this with the Fenders also as I play them more. This promo is just crazy because for $99 you get 3 extra choices and it will probably be 4 extras by the time the sale is over.

Getting all of it is a bit overwhelming. I'm finding myself playing with sounds and I have to do some writing :roll:

Bob P.

remmet
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by remmet » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:37 am

Bob P., are you saying that if the final sales goal is met, we'd be entitled to retroactively claim the 4th free plugin? Wow, that would be amazing.

R

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Richard,

Absoluttely! As long as you purchased during the Group Buy timeframe, you will get the new choices added to your user area.

It is looking like there will be a 4th free item. If another 50 or so join the Group Buy over the next few days there will be.

I should buy stock. :) I am definitely going to suggest to IK Multimedia that they should consider doing the Road Rally. I think everyone could benefit.

Bob P.

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I decided to just add this to my previous thread. The original sale I mentioned is over. IK Multimedia does deals all the time though. No sooner than I was swimming in all the new guitar stuff, they put their mixing/"mastering" suites on sale. My quotes on "mastering" because I've learned that really means "home-brewed mastering" :) . What they call The Grand which is usually $399 is on sale for $149. From everything I've read and experienced myself, their stuff is right up there or better than comparably priced software. You can try any of the stuff first through their Custom Shop. When you use credits, they charge more credits than dollars, but you can get the credits for as low as .50 on the dollar depending how many you buy. I'm pretty sure that the end of last year they did a half price sale where you could actually get credits for .25 on the dollar if you bought a certain amount. At that time much of their stuff was 50% off also. I have a student who I thought I was telling about the current deal and he told me that he found out about that sale in December and basically was able to buy nearly everything in the Custom Shop for $250 and still had credits left. Anyways, main point here is that if you are into this stuff and don't know about it, it is a good idea to check in on their promos regularly. Here's the promo page link...

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/

Bob P.

dagovitsj

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:41 pm

@ bobporri: thanks for this very useful information! And also to the others pointing out the quality of the ampeg, Orange and Fender ;)

I purchased Amplitube 3 during the group buy, downloaded it and installed it. Everything is fine. Then I logged into my account and chose Fender as one of my 4 "free gifts". But when I downloaded this file it was named exactly like the file of Amplitube 3. Is this correct? Are all the extra stuff hidden inside Amplitube 3, and then the serial code from Fender, Orange, Jimi Hendrix etc will kind of unlock all those things - or?

I'm a bit confused as I thought that Amplitube Fender was a plugin on it's own.
Can you guys bring some light in here, please...!?
Thanks in advance!

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Rand into similar and wrote Ampitube as I was having issues (probably user error) and they sent me this. I don' think it was clear you had to install the new Custom Shop though:

Our customer support team has replied to your support request #852347

Go to the user area > download and get Amplitube CS and install it. The serial # is under Authorizations. Now once you load AT 3 go to the custom shop at the top right, click this and log in. Now go to Gear > Restore My Gear and all your amps collections, etc will show up here.

Your serial # is in the user area > my products > under Authorizations under the Plug in name.

You need to log into the user are here https://www.ikstore.com/Login/IKLogin.cgi Here you can get more codes, software updates, etc. Your username and password will be in the first authorization email you would have received.
Just reply to this email to open the ticket back up.