IK Multimedia sale going on

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

remmet
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: IK Multimedia sale going on

Post by remmet » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 am

Hmmm, I may need to do this too. I've been getting a lot of error messages saying that components were missing in many of the amp presets.

Richard

dagovitsj

Post by dagovitsj » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 pm

@ CHuckmott: thanks! Yes, it's a bit uncommon system compared to the usual way to install software!

I also got a confirmation that Amplitube Fender earlier was a separate plugin before (1.0), but now everything is contained inside Amplitube3. That was one of the things that confused me.

Bottom line: all the amps, cabs etc are contained inside Amplitube 3, so the serials to the different collections like Amplitube Fender, Amplitube Orange etc are just unlocking what is really inside the Amplitube 3 installer. What makes me wonder about the discussion here about different kind of quality sound wise between different collections. I reckon they all use the same "engine" inside Amplitube 3, so therefore one should assume that the quality should be the same?

But perhaps it could be explained in that the newer collections like Orange use a slightly better technology than the older collections, kind of similar to the difference between the original 1176 LN plugin compared to the newest version of the same plugin? They also use the same "engine" but are different in quality, I've read!

Well, I like to do some actual listening and tests for myself, rather than theorize too much - after all, ears never lie! So I'm curious to check out if I can spot the said difference regarding the newer amps/cabs compared to the older ones ;)

dagovitsj

Post by dagovitsj » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi!
Just a question regarding AmplitubeOrange - I have activated it, but it doesn't appear in the 'Collection' view inside Amplitube 3, like AmplitubeFender, Apeg SVX etc. Why is that? However it seems like it is placed under the menu 'Custom shop'. Any reason for that?

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:43 am

Sorry I lost track of checking in on this thread. I hope that anyone having problems have sorted through them by now. Basically I do think that everything is contained in the Custom Shop and Amplitube 3 downloads and you basically just activate them with the individual product serial numbers.

You can always contact IK tech support, (and I realize Chuck already posted something), but I've done this with several students over the past few weeks and things do work nicely once you figure out the set up. The following might help if others have issues in the future...

Download Amplitube 3 and the Cuatom Shop and install on your computer. You also have to have their Authorization Manager on your computer.

Log into your IK account on the IK website and follow the links for Support > User Area > My Products > Authorizations. Put the Serial Numbers for your products into the Authoization Manager and it should activate the products. That might help those with issues in the future.

I would like to hear that those who had problems are OK now.

I do have a little "issue" with the octave pedals sounding very glitchy. That might be how they actually are in real life. But, to get the unglitchy effect (which I greatly prefer), I find it better to use the rack pitch shifter. That works great for me.

Bob P.

dagovitsj

Post by dagovitsj » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks Bob P!
No problems, but I just find it strange that the Orange collection isn't placed under 'Collections' like the other collections like Fender, Slash, Hendrix etc. Confusing, or perhaps just something that will be fixed in the next update?

All the best!

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 am

dagovitsj wrote:Thanks Bob P!
No problems, but I just find it strange that the Orange collection isn't placed under 'Collections' like the other collections like Fender, Slash, Hendrix etc. Confusing, or perhaps just something that will be fixed in the next update?

All the best!
All I can think of in regards to this, is that the other "Collection" things have amps, cabs, stomps and/or rack effects, whereas the Orange only had amps and cabs........ I think. There also are several places where you can get to what you want (I haven't really read the manual), but just "fishing" around you can pretty much find what you need. Like at first, I thought you could only do 1/2 speed on looped things, but if you really look at the controls you can pretty much control the speed as you like. Just keep playing around or even... "gulp"... check out the manual :shock: (I try to avoid them when possible).

Bob P.