YouTube video with my music goes viral!!!

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Re: YouTube video with my music goes viral!!!

Post by AmandaJane » Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Totally beautiful piece of music - perfect for that footage.

How come it is in a royalty free library ? I assume because of that you will never get anything on the back end :( :cry: And it has almost hit 8 million views now.

At least a link to where someone can buy the music would be nice - instead there is a link next to your name, showing where they can get the music for free !

Sláinte Amanda
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Sat May 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Nope, this was licensed on a RF site. Such is life. I may make something eventually via YouTube's Content ID. Free? Where is that link? I left a comment with a link to buy it on CD Baby.

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Sat May 24, 2014 6:26 pm

It's underneath all the text....
Fully licensed music by David Hollandsworth, themusicase.com

Video footage is copyright David Anderson/DolphinSafari.com and may not be used without permission.
:cry: themusicase.com is a link to the RF library :? :o

Surely there has to be someway after 8 million views you entitled to something somewhere ? However, I suspect that you will be not due anything from YT as the music was purchased RF by the Channel owner.... I'm not exactly sure how it works in that kind of case.

I do know if you have a cd with cdbaby, they will get royalties from your track used on YT, whether by yourself or someone else. You can apply to cdbaby to have your own track where used on your own video, to be 'white listed', so reverting the royalties directly back to yourself via YT... thus avoiding the % deductions that cdbaby and the other crowd who collect for cdbaby (can't remember their name) take out before they pay you.

Hope this all makes sense !

Take care and good luck with it :)
Sláinte, Amanda

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Sat May 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Most people don't read all the comments, if any - I know I don't - so they'd never see a link to buy it in the comments :cry:
Sláinte, Amanda

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Sat May 24, 2014 6:30 pm

yeah, he does mention me at the end of the video. he doesn't legally have to mention me at all but was nice enough to.

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Sat May 24, 2014 6:40 pm

True yes :)

I was just reading their website details and such - people can even license music for national ad campaigns and you get no more.... but it says non exclusive, so does that mean you can also have it in other libraries ?

If it's good music, maybe it is better off somewhere where you can get backend, as well as syn fees... but then I don't know how much they pay the composers :?

Personally, I don't think it's something I would ever consider. I would like to think, that as they years go by I am building up a catalogue which will continue earning after my normal retirement age - that would never happen if its in RF libraries...

But I suppose all situations are different and everyone is looking for slightly different things from our art/craft

I think its wonderful that your music is getting heard so much ! And people can see who wrote it quite clearly :)
Sláinte, Amanda

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Sun May 25, 2014 4:29 am

I have my eggs in several different baskets... some exclusively. So far... I make most of my money from RF sites. Would love to see more backend income... should happen soon.

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by HectorRContreras » Sun May 25, 2014 5:57 am

daveydad wrote:It's almost a 5 minute piece that fit their footage perfectly. They'd like to use my music in future endeavors, too.
Congratulations indeed dear Dave ! :) ;)

When I watched the Video, it was so well done Musically, that I wondered if you had seen the Film first, and then worked at composing the Music.
But no, If I understand well, you did compose the Music before hand.

However, I am thinking, would not it be easier to watch the Movies, Images, Documentaries, Sequences, Films, TV Dramas, Episodes, Series, and even the Ads, etc ... and to work day by day, or weeks by weeks, with the Supervisors/Directors/Producers, composing and refining the Music that eventually would please everyone involved !
I know that this would mean serious Professionalism in the way of keeping confidences and the like.

But it is possible.
We see this everyday, at the BBC, and the French Television, and the Italian Television, etc, and places such as the Discovery Channels, or History Channels, or Children TV Channels, Christian TV Channels, or voire Educational TV Programs such as Open University.

So us Musicians we would be working within a Team of people, and be signed for different Projects, Projects that we would share openly with the Team.
The Team being the Film Makers, the Photographers, the Researchers, the Stage Directors, the Technicians, the Editors, etc ...

If I understand well, TAXI is the vehicle that gives us the lifts in order for the best among us to eventually arrive at this kind of Professional work, yes ?

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Thu May 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Just now caught up with this... beautiful;
and surpassing 8 million views... awesome.
Congrats. :)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

stephen
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stephen » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:44 pm

This is great news Congratulations...