Weird Marks on Track Recordings

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

GavinKMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Weird Marks on Track Recordings

Post by GavinKMusic » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Russell Landwehr wrote:Gavin, I'm with Andy on this. Looks like aftertouch. If you don't want Cubase to record or playback aftertouch, I believe there is a "filter" you can set where Cubase will ignore the Aftertouch CC messages.

Did this just start happening? If so, maybe the aftertouch has always been there, just not displayed, did you click something somewhere that causes CC data to be displayed on the screen?

Aftertouch is not a bad thing unless it is making your instrument do things you don't want it to do. It is a good thing if it is making your instrument do things you WANT it to do for expressive purposes, like vibrato, or EG filter changes or whatnot.

Russell
Hi Russell, Thanks. Yes its probably after touch. It's always been there. Harder I bang on the keys the more the marks show. It doesn't seem to mess with the recording so will leave it for now. I'm getting Cubase Artist 7 this week and will see if there is any way to switch it off but its not a big thing. doesn't seem to mess with the recording quality.
VST Based Project Studio running Cubase 7.5, Nexus2, Sylenth1, Stylus RMX and Trilian.
Taxi
Broadjam
Facebook
Soundcloud

GavinKMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GavinKMusic » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:55 am

Ok figured it out. I must have selected aftertouch on my midi keyboard. Thats what I get for not reading manuals! lol

:D
VST Based Project Studio running Cubase 7.5, Nexus2, Sylenth1, Stylus RMX and Trilian.
Taxi
Broadjam
Facebook
Soundcloud

GavinKMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GavinKMusic » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:49 pm

turned aftertouch off on the keyboard and no more marks! Great thanks for all the help.

If you have a samson graphite 25 then I think it comes default with aftertouch and its selected at 144. but it can be turned off and also edited.

8-)
Taxi
Broadjam
Facebook
Soundcloud