First Taxi submission! TAXI # Y140417BR

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AHawley
Active
Active

First Taxi submission! TAXI # Y140417BR

Post by AHawley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 am

Just made my first submission to Taxi….Been super busy with school lately and I'm excited for summer when I can take more time to write and submit to more listings, but I tossed my name in the hat for TAXI # Y140417BR.

BLUES-INSPIRED INDIE ROCK INSTRUMENTALS are needed by well-connected and very busy Music Library for placements in Films and TV shows. They're on the hunt for original, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the stylistic ballpark of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Hanni El Khatib, The Sheepdogs, etc. Give them gritty, Blues-inspired Songs that have a commercially appealing sound that's dripping with swagger. Your submissions need to sound like an authentic Indie band, not a MIDI-driven studio project. Straight up, guitar centric Blues will NOT work for this one. They want Instrumentals with a "you-talkin'-to-me?" vibe, packed with a current Indie Rock attitude.

My listing is titled showdown: http://www.taxi.com/alexhawley

Any feedback for future listings would be awesome! I'm excited to get my first submission in the books though!

-Alex

PeterD
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Location: Formerly Somerset/Swansea, MA ... Currently, San Jose, CA

Re: First Taxi submission! TAXI # Y140417BR

Post by PeterD » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 am

Awesome Alex!!

Congrats on taking the leap. GREAT song too!! Love the drums (and guitar work!!). Just a side note … In the future you should be more mindful of getting as much into a short space (not that this song was overly long). I’m not sure TV/Film guys like a long song to search for the points where they would make their edits. Also, watch out for distracting guitar solos that could conflict with any dialogue in a scene. Sometimes less is more, in the TV/film music world anyway. Other than that, I think you’re onto something.

Best of luck!! :D :D
PS – cool Taxi page pic!!
If I log off, I may never be able to get back on ;)

Peter D'Angelo

http://www.taxi.com/peterd
https://soundcloud.com/moanakeiki

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by HectorRContreras » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello dear Alex,

Welcome to the TAXI Forum and welcome to TAXI !

"Showdown" is very impressive. Well done indeed !

Peter suggestions, above here, are spot on.

As you are a Student in Music in a University, it will be no problem for you to follow Michael Laskow when he talks to us during his TV Ustream Shows on Mondays and on Wednesdays, 4pm Pacific time.
You will learn the Art of dealing with Music Business.

You can check it on Facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/TaxiIndependentAR

Alternatively, you will receive the announcement of the Shows in your e-mails.

Hope that you can attend the TAXI Road Rally, in November this year, which takes place in California. It is the very best opportunity that TAXI offers to the Members. It is full of wonderful Events. And it is free. Except for the Hotel cost of course.

Wishing you all the best in your Music Career. :)

AHawley
Active
Active

Post by AHawley » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I was definitely not sure if I should keep the guitar solo in there or not. This song would have been a lot shorter, but originally wrote it with a singer so I had room for a couple of verses and choruses.

Thanks guys! I'm excited to keep working at this and get some more submissions under my belt. I'll check out the Taxi TV and road rally. I've been to the rally once, with my dad. I was pretty young though, and wasn't an active member yet. It'll be fun to go back and be able to participate in all the events