New AU plugin menu organizer for Logic users

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kyleblaque

New AU plugin menu organizer for Logic users

Post by kyleblaque » Fri May 02, 2014 8:36 am

Just ran across this one in my internet travels. It allows the organization of AU plugs. So, you could place all of your compressors in one folder, EQs and so on. I'm defiantly going to get it this weekend along with 32-bit lives. I'm still on Logic 9, but I'm sure when I eventually transition to Logic X it will still be useful. It seems to be mainly focused on Logic/GarageBand, but it apparently (if only partially) works with Ableton as well. So that is a bonus for me.

Just thought some Logic users around here would be interested.

http://auganizer.com/

Take it easy,
Chuck

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: New AU plugin menu organizer for Logic users

Post by kclements » Thu May 08, 2014 9:44 am

I've seen this around, but haven't heard anyone that is using it. I don't have that many plugs, so not a real need for it at this point.

Anyone using it and really liking it? I like the idea of it, but I don't see a real need for it in my case.

cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

kyleblaque

Re: New AU plugin menu organizer for Logic users

Post by kyleblaque » Fri May 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Just to report back in on this one. I've purchased it and really like it a lot. Now, I don't think it will be useful for everyone, but I collect a lot of plugs, and over the years have just a huge selection from deals here and there. This product really helps in that I get to organize them into logical sections. So, all of my reverbs are in one place, whether Vallhalla, UAD, or some free option, they are all in the same place. Same thing with delays, EQs, filters, Compressors and so on.

I don't know if anybody else runs into this, but after awhile you will use certain plugins over and over again. After using this, I kind of get an idea of what type of effect I want to use, but instead of picking the same one over again, I get a view of all the choices right next to each other. So, in the end I may pick something that I would not have thought of because of the many options.

It just seems to make it easier to work on a track as I don't have to remember which reverb manufacturers I have installed or which delays I have installed, they are all together. It works great in Logic 9 for me and Ableton 9 is a fair compromise in that it just creates a new folder for the new labels.

I've seen this feature in Pro Tools for a long time and always wanted something like it and this is really close. I would say if you do not have a lot of plugin options, then it will be useless. But, if you have a lot of freebies and decent sized collection, then it might be worth a look.

Take it easy,
Chuck