"Old" tracks.....

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

"Old" tracks.....

Post by CHuckmott » Sat May 03, 2014 10:04 am

I was wondering what folks here do with tracs that have been in the system for awhile and really aren't doing anything? I've read another rcomposer speak about needing to have what he refers to as Evergreen tracks - tracks that would last as opposed to following the trendy compositions of the day (although I think doing some of both types is preferable, my relatively inexperienced opinion). Another composer who seems to have been dong this for awhile states that on eo fthe reasons that composers need to focus on being prolific is that the average life of a track is about 3-4 years, meaning I think that they (he) sees sales typically fall off after that time. SO thoughts on this, and what do we do with these supposed "aged out " tracks?

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Old" tracks.....

Post by HectorRContreras » Sat May 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Good question dear Chuck,

Unless Tracks are kind of "Ageless", meaning very close to being Classic, not following the current trends.

Such as Hector's Latin/Jazz Music.
http://forums.taxi.com/topic124727.html
So then, we are talking about Concerts and Shows and Performances where the Public listen to that which they are expecting to hear.

In short, I would check your old Tracks before deleting them. Will the Quality that they have could become "Classic" in due time ?
If not I would keep them for inspiration if the Musical ideas were quite original, or I would make sure that a possible re-arrangement would make them better, if none of that then I would simply part with them, and ... make room for the new !

You can always put them on CDs that you will be able to keep, before deleting them.
This is what I did. I have recorded for Hector and myself a CD with all our best TAXI Submissions.
Alternatively, send the Mp3s to yourself via e-mails. So you know that they will always be there.